Lack of free speech

I hope this post isn’t rude or gets anyone in trouble
It’s just to address some stuff I have questions about.
I feel the forums have a lack of free speech when it comes to some things.
Or really strict rules regarding text.
My friend got in trouble for defending herself from a troll and got suspended…
And a post got closed talking about problems with the forums.
It wasn’t rude but it was asking questions about how stuff changed and got closed…
And I had a post about how I thought it would be cool to have a different art style like one I saw on a game…
And they flagged it for being inappropriate…

This isn’t to be rude I’m just very curious if I’m doing something Wrong.

24 Likes

Again this isn’t to be rude to anyone I just want to know what’s going on…

9 Likes

I’ve seen this happen a lot of times. It feels like if you say one thing they disagree with you’re automatically quieted.

8 Likes

I agree…
I don’t want to seem I’m attacking the admins I’m just really concerned for the lack of communication with it’s users

8 Likes

The things you get flagged for are… Definitely debatable, it feels like we have no freedom in what we believe or speak for…

11 Likes

I feel some things we get suspended for are really unfair.
They didn’t even look on my friends side of the story.
She just got a message saying she got suspended
And it logged her out …

6 Likes

I most certainly agree. Although sometimes the things people say can be rude, I think it should really depend on the context of the situation to determine if someone should be silenced. I don’t mean this to be rude, or to hurt anyone, especially the admins and mods since I know they are the ones who take the load when it comes to the forum rules. I also feel that sometimes the people on the forums truly don’t understand why the mods do what they do because the mods don’t really communicate with their audience. Im trying to say this without being suspended, I’d add a lottttt more butttt I don’t wanna get in trouble :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

11 Likes

I agree.
I feel like there’s a bit of distance between us and the mods.
I feel we really aren’t understanding each other…
I feel like they should have looked deeper into my friends case.
I don’t want to be rude to them because they have a really nice forum community.
And they’re really nice but the rules are sometimes to strict and unfair :pensive:

9 Likes

i was gonna post my opinion about this, but i don’t want to get suspended :clown_face:

8 Likes

Its ok I understand.
I’m scared that I’m going to be suspended as well…
I fear this topic might offended them
But just know you have a opinion and if you express it kindly I’m sure nothing will go Wrong😊

8 Likes

Hi all! :wave:

Just like with the previous threads created regarding the same topic :man_shrugging: , I’ll refer everyone to the Moderation Guidelines here as well as the Official Forum Rules here. As long as you do not break any of the forum rules you haven’t gotten into trouble and will continue to not get into any trouble. It really is that simple. If you have any specific forum related questions feel free to reach out to our Moderator @Sydney_H or me via private message. Thanks all! :v:

P.S For more info on how the flagging system works and how the entire Forum Team handles flags you can review our flagging tutorial here :yay: .

3 Likes

Literally my friend got suspended too for defending herself I saw the whole thing and I was like for real? People forget that “bullying” is against the guidelines but that’s always ignored yet the victim is always punished. She’s sent a ticket and they told her that she’s still banned even after she’s sent the evidence in. And guess what. The bullies haven’t been punished. Welcome to a world where bad people get away with everything and the good get slapped in the face.

5 Likes

That’s awful I’m so sorry…

3 Likes

I would state my opinion on this, but I really don’t want to get suspended so I’ll just say that I agree with you.

2 Likes

Mine too. Bullies are allowed to bully but when a victim defends themselves, it goes against the guidelines…

2 Likes

Just know if you have a opinion and it’s handled respectfully everything will be ok :relieved:

2 Likes

My Friends got suspended as well I don’t know why they didn’t look at their sides of the story :confused:

2 Likes

They didn’t look into my friend’s evidence either. I saw the screenshots and the comments and she did nothing wrong on her end. And episode’s response? She’s still banned. No reason.

3 Likes

Closed: As per the official forum rules, discussing suspended users is not allowed. If the suspended user in question would like to discuss this further they can feel free to submit a support ticket here. Thanks all! :v: