Lack of Male Authors

If you need help with promoting your story let me or Cam know. We are huge supporters in the small author community.

Your support is so helpful, thanks so much. :smile:

1 Like

Yes there are far less male authors. Because there are significantly less male reading episode. You can even track the male ratio on Forum.
It’s logical, and I see no problem here. No one is discriminating male authors, and popular male authors are just another proof of it.

We know there are popular male authors, and I haven’t personally seen or experienced discrimination against male authors, we would just like to see more stories from male authors and from a male’s point of view.

2 Likes

Well, there are stories from male POV, not much but they are there, and I’m pretty sure there is at least one thread with male POV stories. So the point here. Most here are females, and most write from female POV, because the most readers are females. It’s just how it is. You mentioned lucky.episode. I LOVE his stories, they are great, but he also writes from female POV.
So yep. It’s logical, and to change it would take to bring a lot of male readers, which I don’t see happening in the near future.
What you can do, is write your own story from male POV.

I have a thread here of Male POV stories: Male MC stories List 💖 Not all of them are written by male authors though, I believe the majority are females writing about male point of view stories.

7 Likes

It Was Written In The Stars by Mars X. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m a male author here!
I mean – I don’t have anything published because of school, procrastination, and a general unmotivated attitude to write, but, I am here!

4 Likes

no one here is claiming that male authors are being discriminated against. i think this post’s purpose was to merely bring to light that male authors are hard to come by, especially considering the OP had only heard of two and had yet to come by a male mc. and even though episode has significantly more women as their audience, the proportions are still off when it comes to the stories. for example ive never ever seen a single episode-written story or episode featured gem story that has a male mc, or even an option for one. correct me if im wrong but ive never seen one. the ratio should not be 100 to 0. and even on shelves its far too rare to see a male mc. we are the minority but we arent nonexistent. i dont think the lower numbers of male readers should mean that we get zero episode written stories or not even a choose-your-gender story if episode absolutely must have a female mc in every single one of the stories they make or feature with gems. however it does make sense that theres at least two popular male authors, i can understand where youre coming from with that.

11 Likes

@JackAttack95 is a male author!! He wrote a story called Razors from a males POV and it’s pretty bomb :smile:

3 Likes

Episode is a business company first. Not a social justice warrior lol.
What’s the point in investing money and time in a story, that won’t bring nearly as much profit?
But there is a plenty of mentioned stories in community section. But of course, if you want to stick to Episode official and top 20 trending…

Since we are talking about diversity all the time, I think we definitely need more male members in this community, and I have to agree with @MarsX, Episode should come up with a featured story in which you can at least choose the gender of the MC. I don’t really understand why they are not doing it because it would not only encourage more people to join, but would be refreshing for the existing readers as well. I know quite a few female readers who love stories from a male’s perspective, and I’m also one of them.

9 Likes

not sure how this is relevant to social justice warriors. having a choose your gender would literally bring more profit because then more males would be willing to read that story and more people in general might wanna read the story again because theyd want to see what its like from the other genders perspective. but i digress. i dont think its too much to ask from the company for one (1) choose your gender story or to have slightly more male mcs and authors in the limelight (no pun intended)

profit comes first but being a company is also about keeping your consumers happy. if they arent happy then you wont have as good of a profit as you could have.

7 Likes

Some males do not really write stories, so they don’t use their creative side of their brain. I do think males have the potential to write stories and creative with their writing, but some simply do not write :woman_shrugging:t5: I don’t know the answer as to why they don’t… But, there are a lack of males authors within the Episode platform. I think it’s safe to assume that the Episode platform is only for females so to speak, therefore, males do not think the Episode platform is necessarily “for them.” I could be wrong, but that is what I think.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with a male being a part of the Episode community, but I think some of them don’t know about Episode’s existence. So therefore, there’s a lack of male authors. I think…

1 Like

episode is marketed towards women, understandably so. and sadly a lot of men are turned off from all things that could possibly be categorized as feminine. so if they know about it then many of them wont download the app. so thats a big reason why. personally, i downloaded the app thinking all the episode written stories were choose your gender because that seems to make the most sense. but apparently not lol. if i wouldve known those stories are only female mcs, i didnt know about the writing community then, so i wouldnt have downloaded the app. but regardless, theres still a handful of males on here and episode should be more open to demographics that arent their main one. if their demographic is only straight women then theyre missing out on a chunk of people they could be profiting off on their platform. they figured that out and also cater to women who arent straight. they figured out their readers value diversity so they have diversity shelves and try to feature different types of characters. it would be nice if they did the same for their male readers and authors, even if they threw us a crumb lmao.

6 Likes

Yeah most authors make their MCs female, I like to read from a Male MC perspective more

2 Likes

I am always ready to help anyone @nathxniel! When you need it just ask, we will be there

2 Likes

Hi y’all! I’m a gay male author, and I just published my second story, a gay rom-com called Countdown to Marriage! It’s a sequel to my first Episode story, Mr. Robinson. If you’re interested, thanks for reading!

1 Like