Lack of motivation & Being discouraged (help)

I just feel like venting.
I published my first story today, for the Another World contest. Not many stories btw in it, so I was like “okay, maybe maybe MAYBE i have a chance” I worked really hard on directing - camera movements, spot directing, zooms etc. I publish it, promote it on a few threads, do an IG post and go to sleep. Well, fast forward the whole day, and my story has 10 reads.
I don’t want to sound ungrateful, of course I am thankful for those 10 reads, but it still stings a bit and I can’t help but feel disappointed. So if you could send some motivation, love or just cat memes my way in the replies, ya girl would be really grateful :worried:

1 Like

Hi @IAmEms :wave:

No need to get discouraged:blob_sun:! If you haven’t yet, make sure to create a thread in the promote your story and Share Feedback sections in order to expose it to more people and get it shared. Make sure to include the link to your story, screenshots and exciting details so the community want’s to get engaged and discuss it with you :family_man_woman_girl_boy:. The more you have other members of the community engage with you and read your story the more of a chance you have of them also sharing the link to the story with others and on social media :tv::fire::fire::anifireworks: :sunglasses: Just some suggestions based on what I have observed on the forums :male_detective:

7 Likes

Don’t feel disappointed hun, was this your first entry? 10 reads is still good. I entered a contest before but didn’t get to finish in time, I was disappointed to but now I can write it and publish it soon. All of your hard work paid off! There is always time to improve on it after the contest. You did it, you published it, and give it your best shot.

Be proud that you finished and got it out of the way, and your reads will build up! And like what @Nick said, just keep on promoting!

Don’t feel bad boo, be happy and proud that you did it all on your own, and if you don’t win, that’s still okay!!. :heavy_heart_exclamation::raised_hands::100::+1:

2 Likes

Its really hard to get reads. my story is almost a half year old. pretty good but has only just got 400 reads. keept working. do some r4r. and good luck

2 Likes

Social media plays a huge role! Be sure to promote it on there and maybe have your friends post screenshots of it? It’s okay that you feel like this. Remind yourself that your story has potential! :green_heart::crescent_moon: there are some days that reads are low, but some days you get an increased amount of reads. The well known authors started from the bottom but they’re up there! (for ex. Joseph) best of luck!

3 Likes

what is the name of your story? i dont have anything to do right now, so i have time to read anyway :slight_smile:

Mine is retrace. not for the competision whats yours.

1 Like

aw: the dawn of resurgence.
but you dont have to check it out, i didnt ask for your story just for a r4r, i just want to get your reads up :smiley: and you seem nice, so why not help

1 Like

thanks but I’ll looks at yours too. already found it

1 Like

same, almost didnt make it on time with this one, because my computer had to get repaired so i had like 10 days less to code ._. thank you for the lovely tips tho, i appreciate them:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

aw, thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If it makes you feel better my story for the contest only has 4 reads :joy::sweat_smile:
But hang in there! I’m sure your story is great!

1 Like

ow, that doesnt make me feel better, but even sadder :confused:

1 Like

aww I’m sorry! :heart:

what is your story’s name? let’s get those views up girl

1 Like

It’s called AW:Fortunato by Baleigh

1 Like

@Baleigh_episode and @IAmEms I’m going to read both of your entries now :wink: It’s our first stories so it’s hard to get reads :blush:

2 Likes

aw :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that’s so sweet

1 Like

you have to remember this is your first story! think about all the big authors on episode, they all started small. it’s normal to worry about your views, but remember at the end of the day you’re improving and you’re going to get somewhere!

and you also have to remember that it’s only been one day, you never know how big it might be in a few weeks. keep promoting and have faith in yourself/your story, don’t give up because when one of ur stories gets big you’ll be glad you didn’t let the view count get to u ! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

aww thank you so much :blush::grin: