Laggy Portal + General Chat

Heyy Everyone!
I hope you’re all staying safe and well!
I was just looking to have a general chat and discuss some opinions regarding the Episode Web Portal.
I’m currently revamping my story and I’ve noticed how laggy portal can be?
I’m working on a gaming PC because I play the Sims in my spare time and needed a PC able to run that game so I know my PC is capable of running Episode.
I was just wondering if anyone else had been experiencing a very laggy portal recently??

6 Likes

I have my laptop never crashes and it recently it has been but there is probably just a lot of people on the website as everyone is writing (because of coronavirus because people are bored) and my laptop is fairly new so its not normal for it to crash so you are not alone!

1 Like

Yeah same I have a gaming PC, and the portal just freezes! :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Yeah, it has been very laggy for me for a while now. It makes writing very frustrating and eventually just puts me off

4 Likes

Yes! It freezes a few times a day and honestly stops me from wanting to write even though I have everything planned out already :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not alone!!
I have a laptop too thats fairly new and when I write on there its getting very laggy even worse than my PC and crashing.

1 Like

Freezes and lags to hell!
Ive just been doing some overlays that should of took 5 minutes took 15 because of the lag :upside_down_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@OreoBiscuit @southampton23 Honestly this is relatable because I struggle to get an episode out a week because of the constant lag.

1 Like

Oh I used to try but now It takes me like a month :laughing:

1 Like

Exactly!! I’m just typing and it freezes… i try to preview it, well guess what - it freezes!! :yawning_face::triumph:

1 Like

I had it nailed for 3/4 weeks and then it came to me doing longer and larger content filled episodes and portal was just like lol no

1 Like

Just tried to start again on my episode and its really not feeling it.

1 Like

Same! :woman_shrugging:t3: On any other of my devices it doesn’t lag. It’s super hard to write!

1 Like

glad i’m not the only one. I can’t even preview my story without everything freezing and forcing me to close the browser

1 Like

It’s super weird because I have the Sims 4 with alot of the extra content such as Expansion Packs and Game packs aswell as CC and Mods and my Sims runs PERFECTLY rarely ever lags but Episode Portal canny hack it.

1 Like

The amount of times it crashes on my Laptop is beyond me.

1 Like

i got so mad my browser closed after I did so much coding that i didn’t write for a few days

1 Like

Yes! Everything works perfectly! All the games, I don’t know what it is about the portal… :yawning_face::woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Ive wrote like 2/3 scenes which can stretch to 700 lines for me and my browser crashed and I raged and cried and took a two week break from Episode
It got that bad lmao

2 Likes

I think the browser cant handle the demand, that’s the only logical thing I can see to be the reason why. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like