Laptop Overlay & Typing Phone Bubble Overlay

Hey guys! I actually have a question. I see in some stories, like The New Girl, or Rebounding with Bad that there were a laptop overlay and the character were behind the overlay, and when you type, there’s a typing bubble showing up animated like it was a real typing bubble and the profile picture at top row showing the character behind the circle. I was wondering how to do that? Where to get the overlays, the resources

. Examples:

!
QUESTION: How do you make the profile picture in middle like that in the picture that shows the character in the circle and its name.
WARNING, IT DOESN’T BELONG TO ME, IT’S NOT MY STORY, IT BELONGS TO THE AUTHOR OF THE NEW GIRL

QUESTION: How do you the typing bubble thing and to make it animate? I saw in a story, it did animate just like the normal typing bubble.
WARNING, IT DOES’T BELONG TO ME, IT’S NOT MY STORY, IT BELONGS TO THE AUTHOR OF THE NEW GIRL

QUESTION: How do you do the two screens apart, how do you make the little screen and the character is behind it. I want to find out how. It’s like a split screen but in different way like the picture.
WARNING IT DOESN’T NOT BELONG TO ME, IT’S NOT MY STORY, IT BELONGS TO THE AUTHOR OF THE NEW GIRL

QUESTION: How do you do the laptop overlay? It’s really cool and the character is behind it. And the background of the laptop overlay is different. How do you do that?

WARNING IT DOESN"T BELONG TO ME, IT’S NOT MY STORY, IT BELONGS TO THE AUTHOR OF REBOUNDING WITH THE BAD

I believe there are different answers to all of these… the members of Episode Dreams could do some of these!

We can definitely do the first one, I’m not so sure about the other two, but we can give it a shot! :wink:

Alright then! :slight_smile:

So, you are sure you can do this?

The entire thing? The top row? What about the typing bubble and how to make it animate?

Chances are that the authors created it on Photoshop.

Possibly an overlay?

You need a background that has a laptop in it and you crop out the screen, then save it as a png and upload it under the overlays tab.

For the coding, you need to work with layers. I’m sure the code would be something like this:
INT. BEDROOM DESK with LAPTOP OVERLAY at layer 2
@CHARACTER1 stands screen left and @CHARACTER1 moves to layer 1 and @CHARACTER2 stands screen right and @CHARACTER2 moves to layer 3

Hope that makes sense.

Go here
we can

What do you mean photoshop? What apps can I use to make it? And alright, thank you very much!

What can you do exactly?

They edited and created it on a program called Photoshop…? Not sure how else I can explain it.

Haha, alright I get it. Thx!