Layer background

general
coding

I need help figuring out how to put my character in the bathtub. I see everyone do it and I can’t figure out what layer it is in. PLEASE HELP!!!

Can you send the script you are using?

Well you aren’t suppose to layer the characters though

I think that’s an overlay not in the art catalog. I suggest downloading a bathroom background, and overlay.

Yeah, it’s just so hard to find a nice bathrub overlay :pensive:

When I want it in the bathtub? Then what do I do?

You can still layer the characters. Considering the fact that layer 2 isn’t a high layer, I’d expect the character to be below the bathtub overlay if there was one in that specific scene.

You can try going to Instagram accounts. (@christy_lovepisode has one, I think @alexa_episode has one as well.)

So if you upload your own overlay bathtub then you can layer the characters you want it to be

Do something like:
INT. BATHROOM - DAY with BATHTUB at layer 3
@CHARACTER spot 1.000 000 000 in zone 1 at layer 2

Okay, thanks.

Eh that won’t be a perfect combination since is in the middle of the bathroom, Try uploading you’re own bathroom background that will fit perfectly with the bathtub :ok_hand:

INT. ICE BATH BATHROOM - NIGHT with INT. ICE BATH BATHROOM - NIGHT in zone 1 at layer 2
@CHARACTER1 stands screen center in zone 1 at layer 1

:slight_smile: The background is the name of the overlay

OKAY THANK YOU :grin:

Oh yeah since you add another overlay with a background that has an overlay the background that has the overlay will be removed

It’s the same with all of Episode’s own backgrounds that have integrated overlays, to change the layer of the overlay you use the name of the background, it doesn’t remove anything.

It didn’t work, but I’ll try again.

No, when you add an overlay with a background that already contains an overlay the overlay will be removed from that background not the whole thing

No you need to add your own overlay