Layer problem urgent please thanks everybody

I try to make a scene with 2 characters up frond and the rest as background doing something.

i used this script but it gives errors, what have i done wrong?

EXT. CAMPUS QUAD STONE - DAY

@cut to zone 2

&NIELS spot 1.266 72 2 at layer 2AND NIELS faces right AND NIELS is talk_happy_agree
&MARC spot 1.294 232 -13 at layer 3 AND MARC faces left AND MARC is nod_loop
&BACKGROUND1 spot 0.429 235 499 at layer 4 AND BACKGROUND1 faces left AND BACKGROUND1 is cry_sniff_loop
&BACKGROUND3 spot 0.525 151 370 at layer 5 AND BACKGROUND3 faces left AND BACKGROUND3 is listen_phone_excited_loop
&BACKGROUND6 spot 0.511 190 455 at layer 6 AND BACKGROUND6 faces right AND BACKGROUND6 is nod_loop
NARRATOR
Pause.

I see one error here in your first line… (it was missing a space)
&NIELS spot 1.266 72 2 at layer 2 AND NIELS faces right AND NIELS is talk_happy_agree

As for the layer thing… I think you’ve got the numbers back to front. The higher the number, the more “in front” they will be.

it stays giving 5 errors… i did change that space thing…

Yikes, ok.

So this probably isn’t the simplest fix, but whenever I struggle with layers (which happens to be a lot) I put them all on the lines after all the other directing commands, so

&NIELS spot 1.266 72 2 AND NIELS faces right AND NIELS is talk_happy_agree
&MARC spot 1.294 232 -13 AND MARC faces left AND MARC is nod_loop
&BACKGROUND1 spot 0.429 235 499 AND BACKGROUND1 faces left AND BACKGROUND1 is cry_sniff_loop
&BACKGROUND3 spot 0.525 151 370 AND BACKGROUND3 faces left AND BACKGROUND3 is listen_phone_excited_loop
&NEILS moves to layer 5
&MARC moves to layer 6
&BACKGROUND1 moves to layer 1
&BACKGROUND3 moves to layer 3
&BACKGROUND6 moves to layer 4

It’s a bit more lengthy, but I find I understand it better when I’ve got it all on different lines and it gets the same result.

i solved it. with the layers i changed them and the i put in before the layer “in zone 2”

@cut to zone 2

&NIELS spot 1.266 72 2 in zone 2 at layer 6 AND NIELS faces right AND NIELS is talk_happy_agree
&MARC spot 1.294 232 -13 in zone 2 at layer 5 AND MARC faces left AND MARC is nod_loop
&BACKGROUND1 spot 0.429 235 499 in zone 2 at layer 4 AND BACKGROUND1 faces left AND BACKGROUND1 is cry_sniff_loop
&BACKGROUND3 spot 0.525 151 370 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND BACKGROUND3 faces left AND BACKGROUND3 is listen_phone_excited_loop
&BACKGROUND6 spot 0.511 190 455 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND BACKGROUND6 faces right AND BACKGROUND6 is nod

no it is good thanks for your help :smiley:

Oh awesome

no i need a script off tho people who are walking from zone 4 to zone 3 and then stopping at zone 2 to join the otters i know it is something with @follow but i am not farther then that can you help me?

&pan to zone #
@CHARACTER walks to bla bla

As long as you’re not putting them in a spot you can do

@follow CHAR to screen center in zone 2

Camera will follow that character to screen center in zone 2. But if you want to do it with multiple characters, you will need to use the “&”

&CHAR walks to screen left in zone 2
@follow CHAR2 to screen center in zone 2

and do i not have to do the walking command, were do i set that?

This sounds stupid but i can’t get it done. I have as background EXT. CAMPUS QUAD STONE - DAY

the scene starts in zone 2

2 guys are talking so far so good, then i write a script and when i look i

What i want to do is that the boys talk, then panning on zone 3 were i have background characters and then going to zone 4 were to girls are entering from right walking to zone 2 to but seeying zone 3 and stopping at zone 2 but i can’t get it done. they are already entering at zone 2 and first at 4 there is nothing, they have to begin there and entering from the right. No they are entering from left and are without doing the zones direct in zone 2

this is my script:

@cut to zone 2

&NIELS spot 1.266 72 2 in zone 2 at layer 6 AND NIELS faces right AND NIELS is talk_happy_agree
&MARC spot 1.294 232 -13 in zone 2 at layer 5 AND MARC faces left AND MARC is nod_loop
&BACKGROUND1 spot 0.429 235 499 in zone 2 at layer 4 AND BACKGROUND1 faces left AND BACKGROUND1 is cry_sniff_loop
&BACKGROUND3 spot 0.525 151 370 in zone 2 at layer 3 AND BACKGROUND3 faces left AND BACKGROUND3 is listen_phone_excited_loop
&BACKGROUND6 spot 0.511 190 455 in zone 2 at layer 2 AND BACKGROUND6 faces right AND BACKGROUND6 is nod_loop

NIELS (talk_airquotes)
And everything ok with you and Sabine?

MARC (talk_exhausted)
I don't know really, she seems a little bit distant the last weeks...

NIELS (talk_doubtful)
Are not imagining that?

MARC (talk_sad_clutch)
No she telephones less, does less messages and when i ask here to go to the movie or something, she has always an excuse...

NIELS (think)
Hmm.....

MARC (talk_gossip)
And You?

NIELS (talk_exclaim_yes)
I am finally going to the movie Saturday with Anneke.

MARC (talk_excited)
Wow that's a progress, let's start with that you will see after that...

NIELS (talk_exhausted)
Yes i know.

@pan to zone 3

&BACKGROUND3 spot 0.429 284 467 in zone 3 at layer 4 AND BACKGROUND3 faces left AND BACKGROUND3 is cry_sniff_loop
&BACKGROUND4 spot 0.525 59 382 in zone 3 at layer 3 AND BACKGROUND4 faces left AND BACKGROUND4 is listen_phone_excited_loop
&BACKGROUND7 spot 0.511 242 428 in zone 3 at layer 2 AND BACKGROUND7 faces right AND BACKGROUND7 is nod_loop

@pan to zone 4

&follow ANNEKE to screen center in zone 2 AND ANNEKE is walk_neutral
&follow SABINE to screen center in zone 2 AND SABINE is walk_trudge

@pan to zone 3

@pan to zone 2
NARRATOR
Pause.

Ok, Im not sure if this is the problem but it is an error; you’ve got the follow cmand twice.
Change it to…
&ANNEKE walks to screen center in zone 2
A
@follow SABINE to screen center in zone 2 AND SABINE does it while walk_trudge

Hey!

Normally you need to incorporate the layer and the zone that they are in. For example:
This does not work:
@ CHAR spot 1.280 123 456 at layer 2

This does work:
@ CHAR spot 1.280 123 456 in zone 4 at layer 2

Just make sure to incorporate the zone! This was a problem, for me and this fixed it!

so now it is
&follow ANNEKE to screen center in zone 2 AND ANNEKE is walk_neutral
&follow SABINE to screen center in zone 2 AND SABINE is walk_trudge

and ho should i change it, i can’t follow here

&ANNEKE walks to screen center in zone 2
@follow SABINE to screen center in zone 2 AND SABINE does it while walk_trudge

From my expierence, when using the @follow command, you can’t have the characters doing a different animation other than the walk one. It didn’t even work when I used
&QUINN is walk_sad
@follow QUINN to screen left in zone 1

(There may have been an update since then, I’m not sure)

I suggest doing this:
&pan to zone 2 in #

@CHARACTER walks to screen left in zone 2 in # AND CHARACTER is walk_trudge AND CHARACTER 2 walks to screen center in zone 2 in #

Then again, i did use “is” instead of does it while, but I don’t think that would have a big impact.

were does that stand for :no_mouth:

Oh really? It’s always worked for me. But if not she can always do:

&follow ANNEKE to screen center in zone 2
@SABINE walks to screen center in zone 2 AND SABINE does it while walk_trudge

What the problem you are talking about now?

I think it’s because you used “does it while”, I used “is” and it didn’t work.