Layering Help Please

I really dislike asking for help :slightly_smiling_face: but I really need it with this layering problem…

EBONY is supposed to be standing in front of the mirror after she walks into the scene but instead, she walks into the scene then is under the mirror layer when she faces rear. It looks pretty correct to me, bur can I get another set of eyes to catch what I’m overlooking? :hugs:

Characters need to be in the scene first before you layer them. So on the same line as the “enters” command, add the layer command.

It kinda worked?

Now she enters the screen but under the mirror layer.

You can use spot direction (example):

INT. JUVIE WELLES BEDROOM - DAY with DRESSERWITHMIRROR at layer 9 with DRESSERMIRROR at layer 8

@zoom reset

@EBONY 2 spot 1.280 400 0 in zone 1 at layer 6
@EBONY spot 1.280 400 0 in zone 1 at layer layer 11

&EBONY 2 walks to spot 1.280 160 0 in 2
@EBONY walks to spot 1.280 160 0 in 2 THEN EBONY is rear

#continue script

Notes:

screen center = spot 1.280 160 0, more on this thread here: Tip: Conversion between Main Positions to Spots

Can also place an overlay into the scene like: INT. BACKGROUND NAME - DAY with OVERLAYNAME at layer # (check out Dara’s guide on Overlays here: https://www.dara-amarie.com/overlays-guide)

Spot Direction Guide:

Visual of zone coordinates: JemU776's Help Thread

In regards to spot direction, feel free to play around with the coordinates.

BTW, here is an example guide on mirror reflections:

Thank you so much for your help! I’ll try it now. :hugs:

Thank you SOO much for your help, it worked! :DD

No problem :blob_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.