Leah’s Book Club

I thought I do a little book club and discuss some of our favourite stories on the app. Feel free to comment your favourite stories and have people discuss it. With the amount of toxicity lately, I thought we should all do something to support our hard working authors.

I’ll go first.

I start the club with this story;
Second Chance - Hiding the Truth by Josie Jackson.

It‘s a LGBTQ story about a young man who tries to discover his identity and falls in love with his best friend. The description also says that it’s a spin off to the main story (which I can’t wait to read).

I thought the story itself was well written and it highlights the key prejudices an LGBTQ person faces. And the plot is so beautiful. I won’t give too much of the story away for those who haven’t read it but I really highly recommend it. I just also just finished another story by the same author; A Different Rainbow, which is about living with autism.
The author has a unique way of writing, and stories like these are rare but you strike gold when you find one.

Anyway that is my review. Feel free to discuss this story or any other story you would like to share by your favourite authors.

A kind reminder not recommend to your own stories. This is a book club, not promote your story. The purpose is to help other authors

4 Likes

This is such a sweet idea!

Hidden Demons by Lucy Easton

It’s a story, in which Hazel Woods is running from her ab*sive past and runs into her best friend from her childhood. I’m not going to give away anything else, but let’s just say that her past comes back to haunt her.

I thought the story was well written and wee researched. It had a well thought out plot-line and you never know what’s going to happen in the next episode. It’s a great book and I definitely recommend that you guys read it.

2 Likes

Hi! Well I don’t have a favorite, but here’s my bookmarked stories. (I haven’t completed reading them all, since I’ve been busy but they’re all pretty great and a little dramatic) :joy:

(And Ten Steps To Her Door too but it’s in my recommended on my episode page!

1 Like

I would just like to say… I’ve read all of those too :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ll deffo check it out

1 Like

I have ten steps to her door in my favs. Can’t wait to read it

1 Like

Oh yeah that story was absolutely addictive! It tugged on my heart strings, and was directed, coded, written almost perfectly :heart::sparkles:

1 Like

No spoilers please :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything other then it was all around very well done :joy:

1 Like

I know :joy:

2 Likes

The cure by Rose! (Can’t find the authors @)
Its a action story and I love it so so much! The direction is absolutely amazing and so is the plot line! The main character has a sickness (Which the author totally made up! How creative!) and has to find the cure for it! It’s amazing and I 10/10 recommend it!

Yes, this is my first post lol

1 Like

Bump

1 Like