Least favorite gem choices?

Have you ever come across a gem choice that you’ve strongly disliked?

For me it was when I was reading the featured version of Envy and my MC had witnessed the death of one of their friends. Just getting a hug from the LI cost 35 gems :man_facepalming:t5:

7 Likes

When authors ask me to support them at the end of the episode :nerd_face:

9 Likes

And that’s why I don’t read featured stories on episode.

7 Likes

Probably College-ish’s fall fest one, where apparently MC just gives up on matchmaking her best friends just because, if you don’t pick the gem choice

When you have to pay 50 gems to not go to a party in a towel.
Oh I’m sorry… I’m broke but I have standards k?

7 Likes

When you get shamed for it, but it’s low key. For example, “Wear this DAZZLING SEXY RED DRESS,” or “wear this simple white dress.” And then if you don’t buy the “sexy red dress,” the MC says, “I liked that one but I guess this one is alright, too.” Or another character says, “Ew, what are you wearing?”

7 Likes

Choices where it’s like:

CHARACTER: It’s my dying wish that you take this gift that I spent hours making for you.

CHOICE
“Take the gift! -10 million gems” {

} “Don’t take the gift - free” {
CHARACTER
I will die sad.
}

Turning down gifts just makes me feel like the crappiest person. “But I worked so hard on this for you.” I don’t want it.
But really, I want it, I’m just poor and buying that pretty dress costs the equivalent of like 4-6 tacos and I prefer to eat.

8 Likes

Every featured story in a nutshell :joy::sneezing_face:

5 Likes

Yes it was that Vampire story and I never got to kiss the twin I liked such a lame story for that i can go to the community stories for the love interest to kiss the Mc

Omg yes, that’s so annoying.

It was super annoying in A Little More Me. The whole entire point of the story was getting a makeover and glowing up and you had to pay games to get the makeover. And you couldn’t even get full customization because you were supposed to get a makeover later in the story. That was dumb and disappointing.

1 Like

Same here. :raising_hand_woman:t4:

4 Likes

When you have to pay for a GIFT that another character is giving you.
When the only outfit that doesn’t cost gems is stained, torn, a towel, or hideous.

1 Like

Exactly! I always feel so guilty turning down those gem choices, but I’m like, ‘Nothing personal; I’m just broke’.

1 Like

All of them

I don’t hate having to using gems for exclusive scenes, but none of the gem choices in Episode’s featured stories matter or even make sense, making the price incredibly ridiculous. We shouldn’t have to pay for clothes that were in our closet or borrowed from friends, or to do things like accepting gifts. I would rather pay gems for things that will legitimately change things within the story, but still not for 20+ gems.

Overall, pretty much those dialogue choices that mean the same thing, and the non-gem version which is basically MC being quiet.

Being specific, it’s gotta be the unnecessary Picture Day scene, which never gets mentioned again in the context of the story. Candice just says ‘Hey, it’s picture day’ on the phone, and MC already has this body-hugging dress and boot-sneakers for this occasion. Worst thing, it’s just something for the LI to drool over if you pick it

If only new users or people switching devices had a choice in the matter…

1 Like

I recently switched devices and I had to go through tha episode bs. I literally just read stories until I had enough gems to unlock community stories.