Length of chapters? 🤔

How long should a chapter be?
5min?
10min?
15min?
What do you prefer? What if it needs to be cut of at a certain time for :sparkles:D R A M A T I C S​:sparkles: ?

4 Likes

i prefer 5 mins, because then i can read more episodes in a small time!

3 Likes

Hi…So, I personally make my story’s chapters around 3000 - 5000 lines…(without CC)
But, I think that the chapter shouldnt be too long, because sometimes its annoying…Also, if the chapter contains dramatic scenes and they are longer maybe the best number of lines is around 7000

2 Likes

wait how do u get so many lines i only have around 500 and it hits 7mins??

ok! mine are normally between 5-9min long

2 Likes

well, I add @pause for a beat and that’s why maybe…I make my script really tidy…like putting an empty line after every line…

1 Like

Wait, do you space your code out?

1 Like

ohh ok i was worried for a sec i was like… am i doing something wrong?? I am writing my first story so I could always learn more!

2 Likes

yea most of the time so idk what im doing wrong lol

2 Likes

I would say 5-10 minutes long is a pretty good length.

4 Likes

ok! thats perfect thats the amount i normally do <3

2 Likes

Im always here to help…knock me if you have a problem with a story…Ive made 2 stories before, but I deleted them, I was about to publish them again, but I lost my account…So this is my new Episode Forums account …I had like 1m+ reads :grin:

3 Likes

aww thats sucks omg but tysm :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tend to keep my coding together, not including CC. Although, my sister says it gives her a headache just looking at it, lmao.

3 Likes

when mom says 'STUDY!" then i have a few mins to read, so for that i like to see small chapters… but i prefer medium length so 7-10 mins?

2 Likes

Same goes for me :crazy_face:

1 Like

nice! mine are normally aroun 6-9min :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Then perfect :chef:

1 Like

As a new writer, I prefer 5-7 min. For me, it’s enough. But I guess it depends on the story and the chapter you write. :wink:

3 Likes

I tend to like 7-15 min. IMO, a story shouldn’t be too short or too long.

3 Likes