Length of Episodes?

How long do people like their episodes to last in terms of minutes?? Because some people want my story to be longer but I don’t know how long is a preferred option.

2 Likes

I usually write around the 1000-1500 lines.

2 Likes

My chapters are normally 2000-2500 lines

It all depends on if you have CC, or if you have choices

2 Likes

Personally, I prefer 10 minutes. Unless your episode is GOOD, anything longer than 15-20 minutes is too long for me. This includes plot, character development, directing, music, animations and so much more.

However, there are some people who like 10-20 minute episodes.

Overall, I think it depends what your episode is about. Similar to reading a chapter of a book or watching a series, you always want to leave your reader wanting more. Also, I’d suggest trying to keep the lengths consistent.

3 Likes

I like anything between 15-30mins there has been a story I read some while ago which each chapter was about 1hour or so.

2 Likes

I like chapters averagely long between 8 and 15 minutes. Too long chapters bore me, kinda.

3 Likes

Short chapters (5 - 15 minutes) don’t keep my interest because there’s no time to develop the characters or the plot. I prefer anything between 20 - 40 minutes long.

3 Likes

I’d say about 20-15 minutes. I wouldn’t go via amount of lines as Depending on coding and spacing it’s easy to write 200+ lines without having much of a story. One of the mini games I created used 200+ lines. That was without any dialogue

1 Like

i like reading 10-25 minute episodes. however when the story is really good and i have time, i like the longer ones. im new to writing stories but i try to shoot for over 1000 lines, then i play my story for myself and time it. if its under 10 minutes i flesh it out as much as i can. things that can help are more zooms and panning like a movie, showing the outside of the building before the inside, visuals that show the scene without any talking for a little can set the scene as well as lengthen play time. i try to get over 10 minutes but not over 15 because i cant seem to write long episodes lol.

1 Like

I don’t really mind as long as their not too short, anything from about 8+ minutes is good because i read mine in bed before i go to sleep lol

1 Like