Length of Episodes!

Hi guys!

I have a question, because I’ve been really stressing with the length of my episodes lately and kinda wanted to ask for opinion!

What length of episodes do you all prefer? And writers, how many lines do you roughly have per episode? :grinning:

4 Likes

Is not really about the lines, an episode should be more than 10 minutes. (I’ve read episode that were like 40 minutes, and if the story is good I won’t get bored)

2 Likes

I get kinda bored and honestly prefer shorter episodes like 10-15 minutes. I have a short attention span and as another author, I understand how long it takes to write an episode. (to me it’s kinda annoying how episode length standards have gotten longer over the years while directing standards have also gotten absurdly high :sweat_smile:) So my chapters are all 1000+ lines and 9+ minutes tho you already know that huh :rofl:

3 Likes

Would you read a shorter story, just out of curiosity? :joy:

I’m working on my reveal entry atm so I am getting anxious about that!

1 Like

I’m like 10-15 minutes tops too!!
I have like nearly 2000 lines per episode, but I have two separate routes that are really different so I’m releasing 3 episodes but it’s really 6 :joy: I just wanted to check for my own sanity!
Good luck with your story! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

you’re two seperate routes sound really cool! especially featuring slavic demons and thank you! Tho my story is only good cus I have a pretty great proofreader :crazy_face: (hiya it’s me, zay :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:)

1 Like

I love short stories actually

1 Like

:blush: :rofl:

Shameless self-promo, but I hope that you’ll give mine a try once it’s out! :rofl:

1 Like

I like stories that are over 15 minutes and under 30 minutes. That way I feel as though I get a lot for one pass :heartpulse::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

maybe unpopular, but I love short episodes with lots of little scenes with other characters haha. i idk it just makes the scenes with the mains feel more special haha. personally I prefer 7-10 minutes, but I’m fine with up to 15. but the longer they are then I feel like I end up reading less chapters so like 1 instead of 3. but that’s just me, it’s all whatever you’re comfortable with

1 Like

i have a short attention span with episode lengths so i like chapters that are 5-15 minutes long (linger than that and i might stray away) i’m also a bit busy nowadays so short episodes are great when i just want a quick break

1 Like

I like episodes that are between 15-20 minutes long. If they’re longer I’ll probably lose interest. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m all over the place when it comes to chapter length. I personally don’t mind 5-minute chapters, but I get kinda overwhelmed when they’re 20+ minutes. Around 10 minutes is the sweet spot I’d say, but don’t worry about chapter length! As long as you get across what you want to in that episode and it’s at least the required amount of lines, go for any length!

Whats your story?

1 Like

If I am really being honest, I like stories that are like 2-7 minutes. I can’t read ONE episode for ANY longer or else i would just stop reading.

1 Like

Tbh I’m kinda the same! Like I love seeing side characters too, not only mains! And I love some stories with shorter episodes, because they can be entertaining too!

1 Like

It’s called Reveal: Hunter Moon!
You have a choice between Female and Male MC, but each of them has their own storyline, so you get to see different scenes depending on who you choose! It’s also based on Slavic mythology so there’s quite a lot of interactions between different characters to explain what different creatures are!

1 Like

Imma read it!

1 Like

Around 15 - 20 minutes
Not too short and not too long :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like