Let me know if you'd like help with your story description! That's your key to grabbing reader's attention!

I don’t know how many of these I’ll receive so go easy on me lol.

If you’d like some advice on a good story description, just copy and paste your existing description into the comments and I’ll let you know if I have any suggestions-if I think it’s fine I’ll let you know! Feel free to use them if you want or not, it’s okay. :slight_smile:

edit: if you’d prefer you can always reach me on IG: @ episode.writerchick__fl

7 Likes

Hi! I recently published my first story and wanted to know what you think of my description if you’re free to help.

Description: When shipwreck leaves you lost at sea with a band of pirates will you use the stars to navigate? With a nutty king on your tail and treasure on the map this sea is full of secrets.

2 Likes

Sure, that’s pretty good. Here’s another one if you like it. :slight_smile:

When a shipwreck leaves you lost at sea with a band of unruly pirates, you must use the stars to navigate your way and avoid the nutty king who’s after the treasure you seek!

2 Likes

Abby has a secret.
After moving into a new town, she finds herself surrounded by werewolves and one of the werewolves finds her intriguing.
What will this up and down adventure lead her too?

1 Like

Sounds interesting! How about this:

Abby has a secret. After moving into a new town, she finds herself surrounded by werewolves. One, in particular, finds her…intriguing. Where will this exciting new adventure lead?

Remember use the adverb ‘too’ for things like ‘too hot’ or ‘too cold’ but just ‘to’ to indicate a direction like ‘to work’ or ‘to school’. :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh em geeee!!!
That’s great!
BTW I normally don’t confuse my "to and “too” it was a typing mistake sorry!!

1 Like

It’s okay, I was just trying to help. To be honest I have made the same mistake too sometimes when I type too fast. :slight_smile:

thank you so much once again!!

1 Like

You’re very welcome and good luck with your story!

1 Like

I love this thread, I’d love to get help on improving my description. Can I PM you @TinaM?

1 Like

Sure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Description: Your parents send you to Camp Sandwell: perfect place to send your kids when your busy, but is it all sunshine and rainbows?

1 Like

Hmm that’s pretty good! How about this :

Camp Sandwell: the perfect place to send kids when parents are busy, but it may not be all sunshine and rainbows-you’ll soon discover that yourself when your parents send you!

Ooh I like it :smile:

1 Like

Oh good, I’m so glad! :slight_smile:

Can you help me write a description for my story?
So, the story is about a girl called Elaine who is stuck with her arch nemesis since they are the last people on earth who survived the pandemic . (I’m entering the SWY contest btw :grin:)

1 Like

Sure! How about this:

When a deadly pandemic strikes, wiping out the population, Elaine is forced to deal with her archnemesis: the only other survivor on planet Earth. Can they come together?

Good luck on the contest btw! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG, thank you so much, you are a lifesaver (I love the description :grin::black_heart::black_heart:)

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a really basic one, could you help me better it please?
Boxing. college. A new student has enough to deal with by itself, without a boxing championships around the corner. The only problem - their new coach is thw last person she wants to be with.

1 Like