Let readers choose their undo hairstyle?

My story have the CC, but the MC needs to have an updo hairstyle when she’s at work. So how do I make the reader choose the updo hairstyle and when I change it on the script, it changes to the one the reader chose?

FOR EXAMPLE: The default hairstyle is the Straight Medium and the default updo hairstyle it the Short Messy Pony Tail. But the reader chose the hairstyle to be the Wavy Long and the updo hairstyle to be the Sleek Ponytail. So when I change in the script to the Short Messy Pony Tail, in the reader’s screen will change to the Sleek Ponytail instead. And then when I get back to the Straight Medium in the reader’s screen will get back to the Wavy Long instead.

Does it make sense? :joy:
Please, because I’ve seen some stories that have this, but I don’t know how to do it!

First do all, you can use the point system (or gains, if you’re going to ask the readers to choose an updo style after CC) to remember readers’ updo hairstyle choice
Let’s say you’re using gains/flags, and the flag gained is ‘Updo_sleekponytail’
You can use the ‘preview’ command for when the MC has to change to their updo style, like this:

if (Updo_sleekponytail) {
@MC previews hair Sleek Ponytail
} elif (#SOME OTHER HAIRSTYLE) {
@MC previews hair #ANOTHER HAIR STYLE
}

The MC’s hairstyle will automatically be changed back to their original hairstyle after the episode is finished. If you want to change the hairstyle back in the midst of an episode, you can use:

@MC unpreviews hair HAIRSTYLE

1 Like

if you want reader to choice both hair styles you will need to remember the choice

For remembering choices you can use gains por point system and then ise if/elif else when ever oyu will need to change the hair.

Other and easier option would be to give readerr every time MC goes to work choice to change her hair to updo stpe using preview.

How ever previews do not carry thy info to next chapter so this is not that handy of you will end up scene with the updo style and would need to start next chapter in the same hair style…if you will have scenes like this than you will have to remember the choices.

1 Like

The other thing you could do is make an additional avatar for the MC, give her the same name and @()MC2 becomes MC then make the readers pick an updo hairstyle for this second avatar. Then whenever a scene calls for their hair to be tied up, you just use this avatar instead.

1 Like

You could put for example “gain sleek_ponytail” inside of the choice where the reader chose their hair (or whatever other updos you want) and then later write

if (sleek_ponytail) {

@MC previews hair Sleek Ponytail

} elif (short_messy_ponytail) {

@MC previews hair Short Messy Pony Tail

}
and so on. . .

#stuff happens during work

if (sleek_ponytail) {

@MC unpreviews hair Sleek Ponytail

} elif (short_messy_ponytail) {

@MC unpreviews hair Short Messy Pony Tail

}
and so on. . .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.