Let’s Discuss Penthouse Passions by Jasmin Dee

This story seems to be based on The Assistant/Working for Him. The cover seems funny to me because even though the description implies to have M/F LI choice, the cover asserts its heterosexuality lmao. Anyways, I have still to read this and I wonder if anyone else had the chance to.
At this rate Episode seems to be turning into Harlequin Publishing

5 Likes

I havent read it yet. I plan to [ so I can screenshot for the wish list lol]

1 Like

Nice :sunglasses: lol

1 Like

^ :joy:

A very on-brand purchase for Episode. :woman_shrugging:

Congrats to Jasmin Dee and I hope Episode’s version turns out well.

3 Likes

I have it! But can I just say why are best friends so generic? Like… all they do is act like a a therapist for the MC, the have no personality or it’s the same every featured story. I’m sorry, but most best friends aren’t like that. They’ll help you but… they do stupid shit with you.

8 Likes

This vs

I’m sure Episode will be nice to me, and let me get them for free.

WHAT??? ಠ_ಠ something isn’t right.

7 Likes

Lmao, but at least they’re not too expensive

1 Like

Yeah, but the gems don’t matter, you’ll have the same outcome somehow.

1 Like

Yeah, ultimately they’re not good in the Long run too :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I can tell the MC isn’t very strong, because her boyfriend cheated and she forgave him because he got her flowers? I know every girl isn’t strong, but really? I think she’ll progress soon.

3 Likes

We can hope :rofl:

2 Likes

I mean, pretty sure I wouldn’t get the job if I rocked up wearing a lace bustier but it’s a cute outfit lol.

Then again, maybe it would depend on who was hiring me lol

8 Likes

This story makes me really uncomfortable. I think the whole setup of having a job interview be based on sexual advances is problematic and not okay, and it borders on sexual assault. Though the story presents it as if the applicants have the “option” to try to kiss Greyson, in reality the power difference between the two is obviously not equal and no person should have to refuse some guy’s advances just to get a job. I just think the whole premise is messed up…

13 Likes

:clap: yes, preach! Thanks for the insight

I’m not sure whether this is supposed to be dramatic irony or not. Though how does a dress fall down?

3 Likes

Okay, I may have jumped the gun in assuming. The main LI is still pretty arrogant and a little condescending and dumb (in lack of better terms) but he actually drank from his respect women juice. The ‘hiring process’ scene is still pretty icky, along with the reasoning behind it, but he’s pretty respectful to MC afterwards and gives her necessary space.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’ll get fired if you wear that to work
but the first one seems modest

2 Likes

YES. My thoughts exactly. I’m very put off by the LI, and I feel an intense repulsion whenever the MC gets all hot and bothered by him because I just think of him as a sexual assailant who uses “lol I was just testing your professionalism” as an excuse to be a creep.

6 Likes

The whole ‘testing your professionalism’ thing is flawed from the start. Regardless, most of the previous assistants and candidates were led on by Masarotto now I think about it, and they are being judge on an arbitrary criteria created by a powerful man.

IDK though, for some reason I kinda hate him less afterwards, even though the scene was nonsensical

3 Likes

As messed up as the situation is, he’s far from Episode’s worst love interest. :expressionless:

3 Likes