Let’s Promote Our Stories and Support Small Authors! (10K reads and under only!)

Hey everyone! I’m a relatively small author and just published a mystery story called Criminally Lovestruck! I’d appreciate if you’d check it out, and I’d be happy to check out all your stories as well and support other small authors! If you’d like, I can give you feedback and honest criticism about your story. To get a detailed response, please specify. You will NOT get feedback for your story unless you tell me.

Link to my story: Episode Writer Portal

My Instagram: @claire.epy

Hey guys! If you want a proper and an even more detailed review with an actual score, check this thread out!

7 Likes

Hi there
I would love to read your story
And I would love it if you can check mine out too!
Here is a link to it

Title- Love and chaotic misery
Genre- Drama
Story Style- Ink
Description- Lilith tries to get a job at the biggest software company in the country. But her new boss is someone from her dark past can she deal with it?
Thanks

1 Like

That looks great! I’ll definitely give it a go :blush:

Thank you!
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Hey guys! If you’re looking for a good romance/comedy/mystery to read with lots of surprising twists and turns, then you should check out my story Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane! It’s pretty good in my opinion and I’m sure you wont be disappointed!! I’d love to do a read for read and I want BRUTALLY HONEST criticism because that’s the only way you get better! Thank you so much! I’ll read your story as well!
Title: Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane
Author: Marshmallow O.
Genre: Mystery, Romance, Comedy, Action
Summary: Time is running out as you and your friends try to escape the mysterious sleepover that you were invited to… Read to uncover the Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane.
Chapters: 3 (More to come!)
Style: Limelight

Create your own character!:slight_smile:

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6250660385652736
Shortened Link: https://bit.ly/2FHhOMS
Thank you so much for reading!

2 Likes

Just read the first chapter and it was really intriguing! I’ll definitely be reading the other chapters soon

No problem! I’ll get onto reading it right now

1 Like

Thank you
Your story is great!
I’m looking forward to reading the next two episodes.

Let;s do a read for read. My story. Write me a fanmail on what you think about it.

I’m down for a R4R!
Story Title : Irreversibly in Love
Current Episodes: 3
Style : LimeLight
Genre : Romance (RomCom)
Author : KenaUmami
Description: As a major CEO in the industry, you focus on your career bringing it more success. Strong-willed and focused, will you let down your business persona for a chance at love?
LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5045984548159488

INSTAGRAM: @kenaumami

I would love to hear feedback and opinions on my story!

1 Like

I just read the pilot of your story, so here’s some honest feedback that you asked for :blush:

The premise is pretty intriguing, and from the first episode, I really wanted to find out where Kaia had vanished. You did a great job of hooking me! One criticism I do have is that there should be more suspenseful buildup to that scene, in my opinion.

For the Character Customization in the beginning, this is more of my personal tastes… but I find it takes away from the story to customize the characters all in one scene. I prefer the customization to smoothly transition throughout the events of the story (for example, when you first meet a character, you then have the option to customize, opposed to customizing the main cast at the beginning). You definitely don’t have to change this though, this is just my opinion :slightly_smiling_face:

The character introductions at the party also took away from the story. The point of episodes are to show more, and not tell. However, if you prefer putting more narration into these introductions, find a more creative way to introduce important figures to the story, instead of “this character’s name is name. He/she is insert relationship to MC

The directing was pretty solid; there were a few mistakes, but none that seriously took away from the quality of the story. I just noticed a possible zoom error during the convo between the MC and Xana, and the MC being at the wrong layer when she woke up on the bed with Ash. All in all, great job with directing! I liked the background characters, especially in the high school.

Probably my biggest criticism with the pilot was the consisten grammar errors. They aren’t too drastic— the sentence structures used in your dialogue are correct, however, there are constantly spots where commas are supposed to go; I also noticed that sometimes there are end marks missing at the end of a sentence. I haven’t read the other episodes, so I don’t know if the grammar errors will continue, but maybe just get someone to proofread your story. I know how hard writing episodes are, so getting a second pair of eyes to help you will definitely make the writing process easier, especially if you struggle with grammar.

Overall, the pilot was a great start to this story, and I’m definitely hooked! I really want to see what happens to these eight characters. I love mystery stories, so I trust that there will be a lot more exciting plot twists in the future. Keep writing, this is a great premise! :grin:

1 Like

Oh my gosh you are genuinely amazing! Thank you so much for reading my story and giving me all of this feedback! I will be sure to take your advice and fix all the errors in my story! Genuinely you are a true legend for doing this and I will be sure to recommend you and your story to everyone as soon as I get to reading it! Honestly, thank you so much!

1 Like

Ahhhh thank you, I’m blushing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Can you please read my story and give feedback? :blush:

Just finished reading the first episode! Overall, that was pretty amazing! :heart:

I’m only one episode in, but I already love the characters, specifically Iesha— she’s hilarious, and I love her! Rosalie also attracted my attention, she’s a great MC, a realistic and likeable one at that! It’s hard to find decent MCs these days in Episode stories— you definitely hit the jackpot on one what an MC SHOULD be like! School ‘em!

The grammar was almost flawless— a couple of minor errors, but pretty dang good :blush:

My favorite part of the chapter was Aaron and Rosalie’s inner monologues. Usually, I don’t like that much narration, but you described their thoughts beautifully and I loved it.

I loved the background characters and spot directing for the city street! The only directing error in this chapter was Rosalie randomly popping up on the screen in the middle of her phone call with Iesha after meeting Aaron.

Great story! I’ll definitely continue to read as you update! You definitely deserve more reads :dizzy:

1 Like

Of course! I noticed you wanted me to submit the feedback via fan mail, but would you like a more detailed response on this thread instead?

More detailed response here. And if you want. Do a fanmail.

The summary really hooked me! I’m a big fan of fantastical elements in stories, so I was pretty excited to read yours.

To start off, I loved how you incorporated elements of humor into the choices. The dressing game choices are hilarious. I’m always out on the lookout for subtle humor, especially in stories that aren’t in the comedy genre. Keep it up! :blush:

Hehe sorry if I’m just a total idiot, but I didn’t really understand why the MC’s friend randomly ran into the canyon. Was it because the MC passed out and went to the hospital? Some other small scenes didn’t really make sense to me.

The directing was pretty great! There were some spot directing errors while the characters were moving but that’s alright. You made great use of the background characters! :heart:

There were a lot of consistent grammar errors, usually with punctuation and apostrophe use. Make sure to proofread your story, because a lot of readers take grammar really seriously :slight_smile:

Great story! I loved the use of overlays, and that cloud intro especially was a fantastic touch to the story! The plot intrigued me and I really wanna see how Shane finds out she’s the daughter of heaven and hell! Keep writing

1 Like

AH! Thank you so so so much! I tried so hard to make sure the characters were realistic, so I’m ecstatic that you noticed that! The best way I could make their personalities as personal as possible was actually inserting dialogue that not only I’ve experienced, but I’ve observed around me. I’m so happy for your response!

I really did try to apply what my college classes have taught me when it came to the grammar and spelling. :sweat_smile:

Oh, the monologues… I was actually very iffy about them. I had to tap into my inner hopeless romantic mindset! Hehe!!!

I agree with that error! I definitely didn’t like how it looked like she appeared out of nowhere. I’m thinking I should have put the code in before the “@pan to zone 2”.

Again, thank you for the feedback and your criticism. I’d love to hear more once I release more chapters. You’ve really motivated me! Also, don’t ever feel like you’re being too blunt when giving your opinions. I need to hear the truth, and it will help me grow as an author and writer!

1 Like