Let’s Promote Our Stories and Support Small Authors! (10K reads and under only!)

Sure thing! Just send a link or screenshot of your story and I’ll take a look at it :slight_smile:

Can you please tell me how can I send a link or share my story here?

Thanks or letting me know, I’ll fix it has quickly has I can :blush::wink: I hope you like the rest :blush:

Here is the screenshot. It will be a honour if you check out my first story and give me feedback. That’s really sweet of you. Thanks in advance.

:wink::blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for this thread!! :blush:

Title: Wounded Souls
Author: SarahLuv
Genre: Thriller, Romance, Drama
Style: INK
Episodes: 8 (more coming soon)
Instagram: epi.sarahluv
Description: Shanelle has dealt with her deranged father all her life. With the help of Rowan, a guy she meets by chance. Will she be able to survive the wrath of her father’s demented games?
Story Link: http://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/6310776851726336

Hi! If you could check out my story that would be amazing! I’ll be sure to give yours a read as well :slight_smile:
Also, if you could give some criticism/positive comments on what should be worked on that would be amazing.

Title: On West Avenue
Author: Captain Willow
Instagram: captainwillowstudios
Style: Ink
Episodes: 7 (more coming!)
Description: Watch many different people follow their dreams and listen to their heart as they navigate through happiness, pain, and most importantly, friendship.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4623893021982720
Cover:
On_West_Avenue_posterThumb_q9S2OpYpXe

Love this thread!!

1 Like

I just finished reading all three chapters, and I love it!

My main criticism is the grammar. There are a lot of consistent errors in the dialogue; I spotted a spelling error in one of the choices as well. If you struggle with grammar, I suggest either getting someone to proofread your work or downloading Grammarly (it’s a lifesaver!).

The directing was pretty good; I didn’t spot many errors. This is optional, but my advice is to spruce your directing up a bit more by using more spot directing, making use of background characters, etc. :slight_smile: Also, during the flashbacks of the MC and Claude as kids, make sure that when they exit they’re the same size. If you’re unsure how to fix it, I can help you (just send a pic of your script), or you can refer to the many talented coders on this forum.

I loved the interactions between Lilith and Claude! I sense a good character arc for Claude and I can’t wait for you to hopefully elaborate more on his mother’s death as he grows as a character!

In terms of pacing, the first chapter was a bit too slow for me, and the next two were a bit too fast. I’d suggest making the scenes at Lilith’s work more interesting. Spruce up the dialogue by making it more descriptive! :smile: I’ve got to say, though, the buildup to Lilith finally recognizing Claude at the end of chapter 3 was really well done! It left me wanting to know what Lilith is gonna do now that she knows!

Great story! I’m adding this to my favorites, as I’m interested in the plot and the characters, and I’d love to see how you can improve as you move forward. Keep writing!

Thank you so much!
I’m glad to know your opinions.
I’ll make sure to keep those things noted.

Hey there! Thanks for reading my story, and I’m glad you like Stephen haha :blush: I just finished reading the pilot, and here’s some feedback I have for you.

I loved the character introduction for Sammy! I don’t see introductions/narration that flow well in stories anymore, but you managed to pull it off in an exciting and somewhat comedic way. It made me really happy to see that :heart:

The biggest flaw of your story is the grammar. There are a lot of errors regarding verb tense and punctuation, so just make sure to brush up on that.

The directing was solid. There weren’t really any errors, but it was still pretty basic. This is up to you, but if you want to attract readers visually, make use of background characters in the scenes and be creative with spot directing. Some of the animations also seem out of place in the scene that they’re in, and sorta disturb the flow of the story. I’ve only read the first episode, so I’m not sure if the directing gets better. But just make sure to polish up your directing— trust me, you’ll learn so much, and your story will have a much more professional feel to it :smile: I really liked the scene where Sammy crashes the car, though! That incorporated great use of zooms and I loved it!

I loved the impactful choices throughout the story! (At least in the first chapter I’ve read lol) There were quite a few and I actually felt like my choices mattered. Going forward, I’m interested to see how my choices affected the story and relationships with characters. Good job!

In the first episode, I felt like the pacing was too fast— don’t be afraid to take your time and pay more attention to detail. You’ve got a great premise, slowing it down a bit will make your story blossom so much, and it will be wonderful! Your story mixes humor and fantastical elements and it has great potential :slight_smile: Keep writing :sparkles:

1 Like

Claire can you also read my new story.

1 Like

My story: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Author: MKG
Genre: Romantic Comedy / Slice of Life
Story style: Limelight
Description: Kiara, Willow, Samantha, and Sooyoung are just 4 girls trying to survive high school. Follow them as they grow up and discover first love, pain and what true friendship means.
Episodes: 3 so far
Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4612451922411520

I read the first episode; here’s some feedback :slight_smile:

I loved the directing when you introduced the MC! You made great use of the zooms in this chapter, and it really made the story more expressive. When you place characters in backgrounds, make sure to place them before moving to that zone to avoid them randomly popping on the screen. It’s an error I noticed happening consistently in scenes.

I loved the CC template, and how you incorporated that before the interview with the love interest. The transition was really smooth and didn’t feel out of place at all! :heart:

When you transition between scenes, try adding in a “fade out” or make the dialogue more transitional to make the journey from one scene to another more smooth. The pacing between scenes felt a bit choppy, so try polishing some dialogue or adding in transition fade in/out to make it flow better :slight_smile:

The chapter was promising, and it’s evident you put a lot of effort into this. Keep up the good work!

Willing to do a read for read with anyone if interested. You don’t have to but if you want to do a read for read with me, please sign up on the attached form. It helps me keep my reads in order! :kissing_heart:

Thank You

I just gave your story a go, and it was amazing! I’m a Southeast Asian here and I loved, loved, loved the representation, languages used, etc. The directing was great, the use of sound effects and music were amazing, and I’m so excited to find out what happens next!

1 Like

Your story is absolutely amazing! The chemistry between all four of the characters are amazing, and shedding light on their lives and their experiences makes it feel so raw and realistic. The directing was great; I loved your use of overlays particularly!

Thank you very much for the review :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
And yeah grammar is my weakness :slightly_frowning_face: but thanks for telling me so that I know there’re some flaws on my grammar :smile:
Thanks for the review :smile:

1 Like

Hahaha thank you!!!

1 Like

Hi there!:blush:
Does anyone want to read my story?:pleading_face:
I would really appreciate the feedback guys! I’ve worked really hard and I don’t seem to get reads…:sob:
Maybe you could tell me what’s wrong with it? :sweat:
Please, dm me, if you’d like to.:sparkling_heart:
Here’s the link. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

thank you so much! <3