Let’s Talk about ... Electric Love (featured) by Astrid (now called French Kiss)

I found this story via the Wish List as usual, and I haven’t read the original story so I don’t know the context. All I know is that there is a trans female character and her outfits look pretty great so far.

Also, I don’t think I took screenshots but in the first chapter, there is the classic ‘MC loses luggage, needs to get a set of gem outfits’ set up. So then MC just runs into a boutique yelling ‘Fashion Emergency’, and I’m half surprised the attendant didn’t just kick her out for making a ruckus while MC looked more like a loud tourist than before.

What does anyone think of this story? Me thinks Episode chose to feature it since it has a similar premise to the show Emily in Paris.

6 Likes

So like Emily In Paris, MC just so happens to come into contact with Parisians who are proficient in English.

2 Likes

One thing that bothers me about the story is that, besides Valencia who is MC’s boss, there is one other female character working in the fashion company who has a speaking role - and it is a mean WOC. There is a female photographer but she only appears once and doesn’t add to the plot, just comments on MC’s and LI’s meetcute. The story has the gall of MC having a line like ‘so long for women supporting women’ when there are several choices (gem and free) about thinking of comebacks and ‘taking that b*tch down’.

Especially since gem choices are portrayed as ‘better choices’, hence it’s better to fight with a fellow female coworker.

6 Likes

Oh what is this? Is Episode supporting fights in a work environment? Dang, that’s a new low- :eyes:

3 Likes

how did you find this

The plus sized fashion is interesting and cool - while the neon one is just interesting.

8 Likes

Try checking Astrid’s bio

2 Likes

But if it was featured it would’ve been in my home page :thinking:

It’s just not available in the home page.

3 Likes

Oh :joy:

Just in case anyone needs to find it:

I’m reading French Kiss. Check it out: http://episodeinteractive.com/r/s/6577311063932928

IDK why the original is called Electric Love, but French Kiss is just … not right.

3 Likes

Oh great. Episode featured another community story that isn’t even complete yet. Why do they keep doing this?

2 Likes

Wait for reals??

I thought it is complete in 21 chapters?

2 Likes

Wait, it is complete, I was looking at the wrong thing. Oops. :grimacing:

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Yeah the original is completed and it’s also called Electric Love

Let me rephrase that completely: oh great, another romance story. Some romance stories on Episode are good, but what’s the point of them being featured if they’re gonna shorten the length from about 40 episodes to a measly 8 or 12?

5 Likes

Anyways, the original’s … interesting since it looks like it’s sorta a spin-off to another Astrid story Episode featured From the Outside/Not your Fangirl. The best friend character is the MC from that story, and the featured mentioned her husband’s ‘fan-cams’. I understand Episode then removing that connection in the featured, but IDK it still feels a little off - especially since she’s a huge part in Chapter 5.

The LI is going to just walk around in a swimsuit around Paris all day? :thinking:

That must be cold and she is wearing nothing on her feet. (It is raining)

6 Likes