Let’s talk about... Hidden Gems! (01/17)

Our favourite shelf is back :gem: What have you read? :eyes:

Josephine by @Matilda_the_lovely
AW: Elisus Veritas by @illustrated.episode
The Wrong Match by @Hijiko
Sidereal by @aprilish
Stranded by Amiree
Under the Willow by RAIN
The Life Of A Toddler by @Lonse
AW: Deep Waters by @AtteneriHG
Playing Cards by @Z.White

15 Likes

And since I love commenting in my own thread:
first of all: congrats everyone; second: again, I have 3 favourite stories on the shelf :blob_sun:

Elisus Veritas: This story is so well-written… But when I say well-written, I don’t mean it’s just good. I mean, if the author ever writes a book or something, please let me know, because I want to read it.

The Wrong Match: I still have to catch up with the latest chapters, but I really enjoyed what I’ve read so far. It’s a very cute, light-hearted romcom, and unlike some others, it’s actually pretty funny. I loved it.

Sidereal: Aprilish is an author who just can’t make a mistake. Everything she does is great and flawless, and if when you read this story, you’ll see what I’m talking about.

8 Likes

I have read none this time, but I will check some and come back during the week :wink:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, Annie, thank you. :sob::sob::heart: That’s gotta be the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard. Honestly. I’m so flattered. :see_no_evil::two_hearts:

I haven’t read any of the other stories on the shelf but they look great so can’t wait to check them out! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

For once I read more than one story!
Elisus Veritas: I read it during the another world contest for a r4r and I read it again after she revamped it. I said it immediately: it was one if my favorite entries and I’m so happy that it got continued even after the contest. I’m so happy that it’s getting the exposure it deserves
The Wrong Match: I really don’t remember how I met Hijiko (short memory problems :joy:) but I was really impressed with her story and I normally don’t read romance. It’s light hearted, fun and bubbly. It’s definitely a hidden gem and I’m glad that Episode featured it (are we also going to comment how the story had “only” 1k reads?? They’re really digging!)
Sidereal: I got suggested this story as I’m a sci-fi enthusiast. It didn’t let me down, the characters had a lot of depth and I binge read it in a day or so (not that it had a lot of episodes but still :sweat_smile:). Again, I 100% agree with Episode’s choice to feature it, it’s totally deserved.
Deep Waters: another story that I read for the another world contest, if I remember correctly it was just out of curiosity and not for an r4r. It’s a really cute story which was refreshing since 90% of the entries were placed in dystopian worlds. The directing is spectacular and I was impressed then as I am now that I’m re-reading it
Overall I’m extremely happy with this self, I’ll try to read the others in the shelf too.
Also, is it just me or is there a raise in featured sci-fi stories? :eyes:

5 Likes

I noticed this too, and I guess that’s because more and more authors try writing in this genre. I say “in this genre”, because I really hope Episode will eventually make it a separate genre :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I try to stay positive and to hope that it’ll happen soon :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I’ve only read Sidereal out of this shelf but I plan to read a few more because there’s some that were already on my read list. I’m so happy to see Sidereal on the shelf, it’s a great story and really deserves more recognition :blush:

7 Likes

She is so amazing, I can’t believe I haven’t caught up with her. Her story is really good, it’s a lighthearted romance, super funny. It overall gives me great vibes, it so underrated. I believe I read her story in 2019 maybe in summer, I don’t remember. Definitely deserves it place in this shelf.

4 Likes

Agreed, and happy birthday :cake5:

3 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging it! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Annieways Thank you for reading my story and writing a bit about it on here! :slight_smile: It means so much to me.

@Zey how dare u forget about how we met?! :cry: but it’s okay I forgive bc ily and thank you for always being there to support me and my story The Wrong Match obviously :kissing_closed_eyes: and my other endless random story ideas!

@AMagic Thank you!! :heart: I hope you’re doing fine and thank for reading and saying you liked my story!! Happy birthday :birthday: :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Girl, we both know that you don’t remember as well

3 Likes

Excuse me? It was during a warm summer night, the little rain drops and their melody were about to offer me to the arms of Morpheus… Weird how it rains in summer, right? It was because of the particular purpose of this night, this wonderful event that we dare to call our encounter. I felt the urge to answer to your insta story, an urge I never had before: it was an urge sponsored by fate itself. I would be lying if I’d say that I remember the exact subject of our first conversation pretty sure I answered to one of your scientific rants about lab meat lol but I know that this is the first time we truly talked. Then you cheered me up, like you still always do, because I am down almost all the time; we said our goodbyes only to meet again, a few days later, and we never ever said goodbye again. We were, and are, meant to last: two small brains, one whole shared heart is what we are.

3 Likes

So our first convo was about veganism and sadness, huh? Some things never change

2 Likes

I’m happy to see Under The Willow on here :blob_hearts: I started reading that story a while ago, and I fell in love with it. It’s a beautifully written story and I’m happy for the author :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Bump :gem:

2 Likes

I have returned.
This time I will only talk about this one: Playing Cards
Funny, sarcastic MC, she’s someone that goes by what she believes and that’s what brings the humour to the story, because she basically tells the system to take a hike.
Starting with hate from LI towards her and complete indifference from her side.
It put a smile on my face throughout the 5 episodes I read. I couldn’t start laughing in public so… :joy:

Congratulations to all authors :star_struck:

2 Likes

I did :eyes:

I read Elisus Veritas earlier in the week. Unfortunately Episode couldn’t fix the overlay glitch for my device so the visuals looked a bit off to me. But I could tell what it was supposed to look like and that alone was really impressive. The story line also pulled me in so bright overlays didn’t even matter.

I also read the first episode of The Wrong Match. Such a wholesome comedy story. I liked the premise of it but there’s so many episodes that I probably won’t be able to catch up with it before the shelf is taking down lol

3 Likes

Please close this @Sydney_H :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes