Let’s Talk About ... My Sister’s Crush, new featured story

I think this story could probably use some content warnings, at least for the gaslighting.

5 Likes

@HaAnh did the scene have a content warning?

I know that Bad Boy Roommate has one for the SA scene in the flashback scene, but party scenes and SA scenes would not be considered as ‘impactfully equivalent’ in lack of a better phrase

1 Like

The story in general should have a trigger warning for gaslighting and abusive behavior at the start of the first episode since it seems integral to the plot throughout. Olivia is definitely abusive. I’m not sure how to succinctly describe the mom’s shittiness, though. Parental favoritism? The fact that it ends up with the MC unjustly sent to juvie makes me think this could also be child abuse. Fact is, this kind of treatment of children in real life could have long-term psychological consequences, so I think a trigger warning would be a conscientious thing to do.

15 Likes

In my version they didn’t, can’t be sure though because my version, for some reason, did not have the newly updated hairstyles I saw in the limelight wish list thread so it could be the old version

1 Like

Yeah. The fact that our mom jumps to conclusions so quickly, and when the main character points out her obvious parental favoritism, she denies it. Says the woman who sends her daughter which she knew in her eyes was a good, obedient and hardworking kid to juvie prison camp for children with mental illnesses that first second Olivia forced her best friend to send that video of her twin shouting at everyone to go on drugs at the party without investigating when she knew the fact that they were two identical twins. By the way, our mom is obviously blind if she sees Olivia in a choker, leather jacket and low-cut nightclub leopard-print minidress and heels on an average school day and doesn’t suspect anything about her is kind of ironic, because if my mom had her way she would have slapped Olivia into tomorrow. Just saying.

4 Likes

Wait, the camp was for teens with mental conditions? WTF?

3 Likes

Yeah, WTF is right. Our mom sends us to a camp for teens with mental illnesses. It’s legit prison. You have to wear sweats and stuff. Oh, and if you don’t toughen up real fast, advises our bunkmate, Geri and her gang (which dealt with drugs back then) will beat you up. THE LEGIT I WHAT— this is hardcore children prison!
Also our mom, I found this plot a bit ironic:
Mom: This camp will be good for you, honey.
Us: comes back few months later with a tattoo, curses in each sentence, sabotages our sister’s life, sends Olivia’s face crashing to the floor, wearing short shorts, chokers and crop tops
Mommy has left the chat

8 Likes

… at some point MC have to go back to school and get revenge on her sister right? This sounds like it’s own separate story…

1 Like

Yeah. They haven’t continued the five episodes yet but at the 5th episode it mentions the MC’s mom is coming back to pick her up.

1 Like

By the way you say it, it sounds like the story may gonna have some pacing issues, if she is supposed to hook up with the LI or whatever other plans she has within 3 more chapters

I don’t know, the chapters are kind of long. I think they might have to stretch that into, um, let’s say 9 or 10 episodes, if they want the full effect.

1 Like

yikkkesss. doesn’t the camp have any staff that would stop that sort of gang behaviour? i feel like if episode was gonna use a scene like that, there are some really good educational points they could pop in. but then again, that wouldn’t fit with this weird ass storyline.

EDIT: and by educational points, a camp that deals with youth would HAVE to have rehabilitative measures, and that could be really important for real life kids dealing with youth troubles.

3 Likes

The storyline is often focusing on the sisters’ rivalry so I don’t think they really focused much on the prison/juvie/camp for kids with mental illnesses part. Anyway it just got mentioned for 2/3 an episode, but I feel like they should have given us a heads-up anyway.

3 Likes

Okay, I haven’t read the story yet (if you can’t already tell :slightly_smiling_face:) but at least in theory I wouldn’t mind having a story which focuses on sibling rivalry and getting revenge. However, I’m getting the vibe from the cover and story description that it is something different (i.e focus more on the romance rather than the family dynamics, like a weird love triangle between you, your sister and LI). It doesn’t seem indicative of what’s happens in the story so far, and I’ll hate if the next three chapters frames this as a romance later on

3 Likes

This is from the author’s IG story btw. What strikes me the most is that the original LL version would be archived, but Lavone has the right to do ‘spin-offs’ or the like. Not trying to sidetrack from my own thread, but it makes me curious on what usually spurns some original versions of stories to not be available in the app compared to others

7 Likes

Finally, I manage to read chapter one … and Christ I can’t imagine continuing the story with how abrasive the sister is. She’s worse than a Mean Girl since she is a huge part of the first chapter. No sibling is ever that demeaning to their family, just ever

5 Likes

Oh, it gets worst trust me

1 Like

Lol. To me, the first chapter just goes 200%, especially the LI Harley/Haley. I kept having to take pauses once in a while due to secondhand enbarrassment

4 Likes

I know right? No humane and sane sister would do that to her twin. Ever. Framing your twin for doing drugs, forcing her to skip school so she doesn’t snitch while the other twin “smokes them out”, and sending her to a prison slash juvie camp for teens with mental illnesses is just way too far. Olivia needs therapy ASAP.

5 Likes

For some reason, this camp doesn’t offer educational programs or teaching, or maybe the author didn’t show that part, but all the scenes are basically just gray depression.

1. Shown in a jail cell (this part is legit, it’s hardcore prison!!) with MC and her, erm, “bunkmates”.
  2. In the “basketball court”, beating the crap out of some mean girl drug dealers.
  3. In the guy’s office.
2 Likes