Let’s talk about... November Picks!

Disconnected by @purplezombieattack
The Choice Trap by Christina Kambani
Silver Sonder by @toriah
Tennessee Skies by @LaytonBeckett
Faded Pages by @DancingStories
Lady Danger: Lustful by @fran_on_episode

Episode Team,
It’s great to see stories with a few hundred reads on an Editor’s Picks shelf, just saying :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

I haven’t read any yet, though I did add 2 to my favorites. I do wish there was more variety, though. They’re all romance and drama except one adventure. :woman_shrugging:t2::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The only story I know is Tennessee skies and it’s a nice story^^ Can’t wait to check the others tho

2 Likes

Lady Danger by Fran is amazing! You should check it!

2 Likes

I love Silver Sonder! It’s pretty different from what Toriah usually writes. I was a bit surprised to see it on the shelf since the ink one was on a different shelf last year but the since the ink one also doesn’t have a lot of reads it’s ok I guess :eyes:

2 Likes

I think there’s actually been a lot of LL revamps on shelves when the INK version was featured, but some aren’t as obvious as the names have been changed :woman_shrugging:t4:. It honestly doesn’t bother me, I’m all for it as long as it’s been like a year between the two stories being featured.

I read The Choice Trap yesterday. It’s complete and is actually only two episodes (I guess it’s fine to have a story with <3 episodes if it’s completed?). I liked it overall, but I did find myself fast-tapping through some of the second episode (since there’s a bit of overlap). There’s a bit of a message behind this one too.

Great to see that most stories didn’t have that many reads (I think there were 2 with <1k at the time of featuring?).

2 Likes

I read silver sonder and faded pages already and love them both!! Em and Toriah are great authors :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Disconnected, Silver Sonder, and Faded Pages are the only stories I’ve read previously from this shelf and I really like all three of them for different reasons. :books:

Silver Sonder is better if you’re looking for something short and tender in its own way. Faded Pages is a nice summer romance combined with “coming of age”/self-discovery themes basically. Disconnected is the most serious of the three and the most mature in terms of themes.

3 Likes

I read Faded Pages and I especially liked that the grandma is an important character, and she’s pretty cool and funny too. The romance in this is just cute. The MC is kind of shy and socially awkward, but she doesn’t fall for “the bad boy”, but for the nice guy who seems to be as introvert and shy as she is.

I’m about half way with reading Disconnected, but I’m planning to catch up this week. This story is also in the romance genre, but it would fit perfectly in mystery too, since it’s about a murder investigation. The plot is interesting, choices matter, and the author did a great job with representing diversity.

2 Likes

@Sydney_H, please close this :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks!

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: