Let’s Talk About... Queer!

Rachelle

1 Like

I believe it was said in the story but I am not sure :thinking:

No, I’m an asexual, biromantic, and non-binary writer.

3 Likes

Also, you’re probably thinking about the wrong story. I’m the author of Queer: Make Me a Geek.

3 Likes

Ahh, I’m so sorry!

1 Like

Bump!

Don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Ok, I just freaked out. I mean no offense

2 Likes

Thank you so much!! I read most of these gems, and I have to say it is an absolute honor to be featured alongside them. It still doesn’t feel real. Congratulations, everyone! :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I read six of these.

Starry-Eyed was a quick read, but I really enjoyed it. Michelle was probably my favourite character to come from this entire contest. But I also really liked all the side characters in this story. Even though it’s only three episodes so far, I felt like I was able to get a good sense of everyone’s personalities. Can’t wait to read more episodes :slight_smile:

I also read Daisy and definitely agree it deserves best interactivity. There were quite a few short, art-related mini games throughout, which was something I didn’t see in many other entries.

I thought Fall From Grace felt sounded like a lesbian retelling of Romeo and Juliet to me when I read the description. And it still had a bit of that vibe while I was reading it, but with more modern elements to it and extra love interests. I did like it. Actually the only thing I actually didn’t really like in this story was that all the characters seemed to walk super fast. Lol. Everything else was pretty perfect.

Sweet Nothings was another one of my favourites. When I first started it, the background style seemed odd to me, but it grew on me and I actually loved how because of those backgrounds being a different art style to what I’m used to, it sort of tied the story together. Each episode focused on a different household within two apartment blocks and it really just felt like they were living in their own world and we were just onlookers watching their home life (and then making choices for them occasionally).

I also read Not Heartless. To start with, it was a total cinematic masterpiece :chef:
I got ending 1. The plot of this story was exactly what I was expecting from this contest. The one thing I found odd is that more people in the group were willing to accept the A in LGBTQIA+ stood for ally than it did asexual and aromantic. But I guess it needed to be that way for plot purposes.

The last one I read was Shoot Your Shot. I totally loved how on-theme this story was, with the title also referencing basketball and all the chapter overlays matching the same vibe of the cover. I like when stories tie in that way. I don’t really have much else since I only met the love interest towards the end of the first three episodes, however all the main characters friends seem pretty cool so far. I’m keen to see how this story plays out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

bd gif (13)

4 Likes

Don’t fear the queer.

Bump

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! :green_heart:
I did originally plan to have a bit of a bigger argument about A’s significance in the acronym, but decided to go into a bit different direction for the purpose of the plot. Having the others staying silent during the conversation and not backing up J.C.’s arguments was a way of stating their opinion, in a way.

2 Likes

Bump

1 Like