Let’s Talk About ... Talu’s Stray Heart (featured)

Someone in IG sent a link of this story to me. I haven’t read the original Stray Hearts, but just from the really Long first chapter itself, I kinda got turned off.

I’m usually all for longer Episode chapters, but IMO the extra time needs to be spent wisely. It seems so weird more of the chapter is spent on MC interfering and interacting with supporting cast and random bitchy women than the actual LI. On top of that, the two named Black women also get insulted which MC has choices to help them both. Not to mention one of the Black women (Jenny) is not afraid to say ‘slut’ talking about the ‘groupies’ of the band.

What I’m getting at is that there was too much exposition and B-plot. I haven’t read the female LI branch yet but I already wonder how is it gonna play out since Jenny called him and his band ‘walking phalluses’

If anyone else has this, Let me know what you think

5 Likes

Ooh, semme the link

1 Like

I don’t have it and I really don’t think I’m going to read it since I despise episode original stories, but the original version by Talu is really good and different from what you described :woman_shrugging:t4: I really hate what episode does to stories when they feature them :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

Can you provide the link? Thanks!
I don’t wanna read it personally but just for the features, to be honest it sounds kinda boring and like any other rockstar story. But I might check it out

1 Like

Here is the link btw:

I’m reading STRAY HEART. Check it out: http://episodeinteractive.com/r/s/4612522354343936

3 Likes

Sometimes they destroy them :pensive:

I’m super bummed to hear this. I’m a friend of Talu and loved her ink and limelight Stray Heart. I haven’t read this featured beta yet but it’s a shame to hear they didn’t honor it well.

8 Likes

Bumping

It has doggo

4 Likes

Also another great glitch for the books

7 Likes

Aww I must have made a wrong choice because I didn’t get the walking phallus line and I was bummed. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

that’s a whole lotta side boob :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Oh wow! Hahaha

Who owns the dog?

1 Like

The LI

1 Like

I think when Episode was introducing the dog, they forgot to make the story … make sense. In the original, MC meets LI in the auditorium and they almost get caught by security. Here, MC returns back Jovi to LI where instead their ‘GF’ appears. But then in the concert scene MC then says she met LI in the auditorium and she doesn’t suspect they have a girlfriend. :sweat:

Edit: also Jovi is referred with he/him and she/her pronouns in different times of the story. Not sure if it is inconsistent or it’s actually a common thing for dogs.

2 Likes

I didn’t like the guy friend in the MC’s first friendship group, it felt as though that whole group was horrible but they are still friends with each other. Spencer/whatever the girl LI name was didn’t trust her and assumed from a hug. Seriously like hear someone out and I think when LI see people hug and get jealous it is really silly. Like if they were kissing it would make sense but a hug? And what the guy in first friendship group said to him after the incident was the only time I liked him. Also did anyone else get vibes that the roommate liked her? because that is what I got but maybe it was just me.

2 Likes

To me, MC definitely liked Megan, judging by the number of flirt_lookaway_bashful animations she does every time around her

1 Like

Hmm… I didn’t notice that and if I did it was because of Cole. I thought that the girl who was always wearing pink liked the MC because I saw her blush and compliment her all the time. My gay-dar was just going off.

2 Likes

Sksks, I also kinda got that vibe. Even though the story is making and the guy friend Jasper the bad guys.

Just gonna leave this here

4 Likes