Let’s talk about the new ranking system! 💎

Also just going to throw this out here.

I made a feature request form asking for the old “trending story calculator” back.
If you’re also against this change feel free to check it out.

5 Likes

it sucks big time cuz who has like 8 gems to spare

2 Likes

The new ranking system is really disappointing in my opinion. Because let’s be real,most of the readers love community sories because they don’t require gem choices and one can choose his own choices without worrying over gems. I’ve already seen so many posts in different groups regarding this issue and most of the readers don’t support the idea of new ranking system either. And as for the alternative way,Episode should create a new shelve where they will only publish new stories and there won’t be the new ranking system. But I wish,I really wish EPISODE would stick to their previous ranking strategy.

1 Like

Hi!
Im personally confused about how I feel about the gems. It supposed to help new authors gain popularity and give other authors a chance to progress in rank. But, if the reader doesn’t have gems… then what? I need ideas as an author, such as when to use a gem option without hindering the readers choices in the story?
Let’s discuss!!!

3 Likes

In a community story I would not add a gem choice where one reader gets significantly more out of the story than a reader who doesn’t have gems. A good idea to add gems would be for me a choice at the end to support the author and e.g. to buy points if you use a point system :blush:
You could also put a gem choice to give a reader the opportunity to see more than only one point of view :smile:

7 Likes

Hi!
Love this! Thank you! I agree with you 100% about one reader getting more out of the story. It just isn’t fair!

3 Likes

I’m not an author just a reader, but I actually prefer this option. If an author has to add gem choices I prefer it this way. Adding gem choices to unlock scenes mid story or to unlock choices automatically turn me off from the story. I’m more prone to donate gems if I have it to the author at the end.

2 Likes

Hey am a fellow reader and writer I hardly even have gems to even begin with hence one of the reasons why I stopped reading the episode featured stories in the first place the other is that when you completed reading one the chapter you only receive 1 gem but when a choice is given you have to pay 29 gems with is unbelievably unfair soo I started reading community books which as I learnt recently that the authors have to use gem to get ranks. I am reading stories and I have to miss out on juicy scenes and bonus scenes because I don’t have any gems to use, some authors released their chapter early and let the readers pay 8 gems to unlock the chapter.
Personally I hate the idea of having to used gem to unlock certain scenes it would just be like reading the featured stories

2 Likes

Yes!!! Exactly what I was thinking! It’s completely unfair to those who dont have gems or underage readers with no money to buy gems! I want to progress in rank as an author but I want to be fair to all readers as well! I will probably go for the option of using gem choices to support the author instead of using it in my story.

3 Likes

Thank you for responding!

1 Like

I’m not a fan. But yes, I just added support the author options of 5 gems every 5 chapters and every time someone buys one, my rank skyrockets. They say it makes little difference, but in my opinion, it makes a huge difference.

5 Likes

That’s good information. I was wondering how much it actually effects your story. I will have to do the same. Thank you!

1 Like

A good idea, I would suggest offering a gem choice for a preview of next episode too.

3 Likes

Awesome idea!! Mamarebelle!!!

2 Likes

The gem choices are definitely helping authors but only when they’re incorporating them in a way that isn’t making you miss out on important aspects of the story.

Personally, if I have a gem choice for an interaction that’s important I’ll just click off the story & many others do the same. I think there’s a subtle way to approach it and a very “episode official” way to approach it, where it traps the reader into spending gems or getting stuck with a crappy storyline.

The way Alusza incorporated her gem choices is great, it doesn’t affect the storyline but for 5 gems you’re able to choose between an additional 3 outfits for the MC. Tons of people were very accepting of this and saw no issue with spending the gems for the outfits. It’s all about in how the author approaches it honestly, change is constant but it’s how you adapt to the change that matters.

3 Likes

Love your response! I’ll keep this in mind.

1 Like

I’m trying to get this message out and I would like to share this

Share this image on your Instagram story and tag me @riana_writes.ep

Thank you xx

1 Like