So as you know the forum is full of threads about cliche stories in the trending section and it’s kind of disappointing to see how small authors with great stories are struggling with getting reads.
I know that we have many self-promotion threads, but let’s be realistic: this is probably not the most efficient way to get your story noticed. No one will scroll over the hundreds of stories and open the links posted there, you only have a small chance that a few people will read your description at least and think: “Oh my God, that’s exactly what I was looking for”.
Let’s try something else. Tell us a few things about your story what you think would be interesting to share. I don’t know whether this can actually help someone to boost their reads, but I guess it is worth a shot.
Some questions for discussion:
- What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
- What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
- What inspired you to write it?
- Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
- Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
- What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
- Anything you are planning to improve?
- Who is your favourite character and why?
You don’t need to answer all the questions and you can also add other points if you would like to, but if you throw in something random like “Hey guys, check out my story” with a huge cover or something, I can assure you I won’t read it because you didn’t even bother to read the thread description and I will also ask you to delete the post.