Let’s talk about your story

Omg… how did you find me… yes, totally talking about you (among others)

My story is called You, Me And The Beat
It’s in drama section it fits there because there’s something going on all the time (it’s never boring).
My inspiration came from series Violetta I used to watch it as a little girl and it made me cry several times, of course I changed a lot of things and made it even more interesting by adding a “missing plane” and a lot of other things: LGBT+ characters, a lot of different races (in original one there was only one black person, others were white)
It’s not a cliche, because I have a different special story line for every character I create, and everything happens for a reason.
Target audience is anyone who isn’t bothered by swearing from time to time, but I would say it’s 13+ :slight_smile:
My story also has:

• Unique plot/not a cliche music story
  • LGBT+ characters
  • Character development
  • Advanced directing
  • Long chapters
  • Use of overlays
    I am going to improve my directing a little more, although I got some pretty good comments on the way it is right now.
    My favorite character is Chloe, she’s a perfectionist, a lot like me and sometimes doesn’t know how to express her feelings.
    Demi_Lovato_uR_posterImage_zKWtFrcAIe
1 Like

Don’t want to be rude, but I’ve read the book and your story sounds like the exact same thing, even the names are the same

So it’s not original, it’s plagiarism

I love reading these replies, thanks to everyone who shared their story so far! Same goes for @nikkihoward, whose post was flagged I don’t know why?

1 Like

Idk who flagged it, but it’s the same as the book

Ah okay, I don’t know that book…

What book?

These three books

Oh

What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
My story is called H & V: From Zero to Hero
What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre
Comedy (for now) because it’s a very witty story and a lot of people have gotten many laughs out of it.
What inspired you to write it?
I wanted to make a story that featured a physically disabled MC because it’s not that common, and I thought it’d be amazing to give a wheelchaired boy the spotlight. I also wanted to show that not all male MCs had to be “bad” to be funny or interesting.
Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
Because it has witty characters, it has a male MC, it doesn’t emphasize sex, it doesn’t have cursing or much of it (I actually make fun of cursing), it has some weird jokes, and there’s more to it than the readers actually expect when they first read the description.
Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
My target audience is teenagers who love a good comedy and are bored of the everyday gang leader bad boy stories. I recommend this story to people who like to read new things and aren’t just stuck in romances.
What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
My story’s biggest strength is the plot and conflict because although all plots have been used in some way, my story’s takes a huge turn after the microwave explodes and Jax has to battle an unknown supervillain along with his feeling of him being chained to his wheelchair forever.
Anything you are planning to improve?
My character development because I think my characters lack emotion and realization of their own flaws.
Who is your favourite character and why?
One of my favorite characters is Ms.Brown because she’s so careless about anything Jax does, and she seems jealous of her own students sometimes.

THANK YOU FOR THE THREAD <3

2 Likes

cough cough When are you doing yours? :wink:

1 Like

Thank you creating this post @Annieways :blush:

What is your story called?: Rewinded life.

What is the genre? Comedy, romance, life.

Episodes: 5 (Working on chapter 6.)(Ongoing.)

Description:
What would you do if a galactic being gives you the power to go back and change situations that escapes from your hands?

My life and my thoughts that contradict each other.

Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
Opinion of the people who have read my story:
The plot is different, entertaining, interesting, intriguing, and they enjoyed reading it.

My personal opinion:
It’s a story that tries to send a message. This work want their readers to have different feelings as they enjoys the plot.

Rewinded life wants to show what a real love is. It’s not a story of: I met you, I liked you and after a while I already slept with you. I want to show a deep relation, mixing comedy and supernatural events.

Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
I didn’t have a target in mind when I started writing, but I realized that all my readers are women. LOL.

My characters have a part of my personality but exaggerated: Benio, Ernesto, Marcos and Rose.

Link:

Cover: Pending review.

What is your story called?
Freakish
What is the genre?
Romance with a hint of comedy (It’s really just me thinking I’m a lot funnier than I am)
Why do you think it fits the genre?
The two main characters have some chemistry and I like to make myself laugh so why not add that to the story.
I wanted to share the story I wanted to see and I think the process is fun. The feedback is my favorite though. It took me almost a year until I actually published it, I wanted to make sure that it’s something I can be proud of.
The love interest is not a bad boy, he’s a nice boy. He found the wrong friends, but now he’s friends with people that make him happy. A word that could describe the new friend group it would be… Freakish. The story has some scenes about mental illness, but it also has times of happiness and funny moments.
Who is your target audience?
Anyone who wants to read it. Everyone is invited.
Who would you recommend the story to?
Still pretty much everyone, but it does have strong themes.
What are the story’s strengths?
The female mc is very out going and very independent, the male mc is very nice, the story sometimes focuses on mental illness while being in high school with a balance comedy so it’s not all sad.
Anything you are planning to improve?
The depth of the characters that are not the main characters and some dialogue.
The main female named Deshae, she isn’t afraid of being different (kind of a reflection of myself). She’s caring, but also protective of everyone around her. She has bipolar disorder which is difficult for her, but she trys her best to control herself around her friends and family. She can take care of herself and her brother while her parents are busy constantly working.

Btw this topic is a pretty smart idea, I think it’s a great way to tell more about your story

1 Like

Forgot to add the description -
Becoming friends with the new boy is an interesting task as he gets to know your freakish personality

Hi! So I just published my very first story and am desperate for some feedback!
Anyone willing to read it and let me know their opinion, I’d be grateful xo.

What is your story called?
The Faery Queen.

What is the Genre?
Fantasy but there’s also romance in there as well.

A dream I had.

Why do I think my story is different?
My story isn’t to different from most fantasy ones, it is just more lgbt based, as a member of the lgbt community I believe we need more representation out there.

Who is my target audience?
Anyone who daydreams as hard as I do, and wishes to be in a different world than this one.

Strengths?
I think the story is very well written, but I’m biased.

Improvements?
I don’t have many choices, or any character customization. I’m not sure how to do all of that yet…

• What is your story called?
    Game Of Disguises

• What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
    Drama, I was very unsure if it was drama or action, I still think it’s actually both, but the drama in there is always by the action’s side, so I just put drama.

• What inspired you to write it?
    Real people and events in my life regarding the characters and the main idea of the plot, but the development of the plot was all my idea, it came from the right music!

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
    I just know my story is different from the average. Firstly, it’s not about romantic love. It’s about friendship love. Friendship love is totally underrated in episode’s stories, but I believe a true friend is worth so much. I was so sick of the tanned skin- black haired - blue eyes - leather jacket boy. Come on, that’s all I’ve been seeing these days in the app.

• Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
    Not people who is too young. I have/will have explicit scenes about bullying, violence, death. If the reader is pretty young but thinks he/she can handle it, than everyone is welcomed.

• What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
    I believe my story’s strengths are unique plot, character development, and advanced directing.

• Anything you are planning to improve?
    Meaningful choices. I already have some, but I’m trying to get better.

• Who is your favourite character and why?
    My favorite character is Rodrigo, he’s ma boi. I am bounded to him like if he was real.
    He’s gay, but he’s still masculine and very protective towards his best friend, Naima. I really hate stereotypes, and Rodrigo is not just an accessory to the MC or the mean girls, he and Naima own the scene. He’ll be the one with a huge character development.

I like that!! Episode stories do not really appreciate philia (friendship) love.

2 Likes

Okay, so is this something I have to do as the OP? Because in this case I will never open a thread again :smiley:

Well, I think you should :joy: lol

2 Likes