Let’s talk about your story

~Hale Huna
~Fantasy/Romance. It has a world beyond imagination and the key is a pendant around the MC’s neck. She has two very different boys who fall in love with her.
~My life. My images. A lot of shitty things have happened in my life and to escape reality I made up an alter ego and a life where I could be happy. I decided to finally write down my idea but also include my shitty events.
~My story has a unique plot and the MC is a colored, strong, independent woman who can stand up for herself.
~My target audience is people who have experienced mental health problems in family or friends and also need an escape from reality.
~I’ve been told I have good character development and a unique plot.
~I am making more upsetting back stories for characters.
~My favourite character is Kendall because she’s really important to me. She’s my alter ego who I used to become when I needed to be brave.

1 Like

Sounds awesome

1 Like

Thank you

What is your story called?

Crossed Paths

What is the genre? Why do you think it fits?

I call it rom-com but on the app it is Comedy - I think it fits this genre as my story contains quite a bit of humour and can be pretty light-hearted.

What inspired you?

I had a dream about meeting a guy in a bar ahaa and how me & him somehow got to see each other as well as crossing the paths. Also, just my pure imagination as well and my desire for a beautiful romance ahaha

Why do you think it is different from your generic story cliche in the trending section?

The story focuses on just one love interest and he is not a typical bad boy also the characters are in their twenties studying at university. Mindy (MC) is an introverted person but is a strong woman.

Target audience? Who would you recommend this story to?

Target audience are people who enjoy romance without all the sex, making out and being in love too quickly. Instead the romance is sweet, develops over time and is deeply emotional. I recommend this story to people who are fed up of all the so called romance stories you see of guys treating women like crap and the women fall for the guy anyway but want to see a true romance and true love bloom between two people.

Story Strengths:

Choices matter, they can really impact the way the plot goes.

Character development - my characters are very complex individuals with their own flaws, hopes and dreams

Humour - I have been told my story is funny haha

Improvement?

Directing and amping up the humour as well as increasing my read count.

Fave character and why?

Joanne because she is a wild little shit - she loves MC so much and does everything she can to be a great friend but she is a pain the butt.

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not solely for story promotion or R4Rs. :smiley:

1 Like

This is due for a bump :blush:

2 Likes
  • What is your story called? - That One Story (Placeholder Title)
  • What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre? - Mixed, but mainly romance.
  • What inspired you to write it? - Writing stories just makes me less bored, i guess.
  • Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section? - Not much yet, but i’m planning to make the LI a good person whO ACTUALLY HAS A SUCCESSFUL LIFE (lol jkjk but yeah the love interest is a good guy for once)
  • Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to? - Not sure about that yet.
  • What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.) I’m not sure actually, since the story hasn’t been published whatsoever yet.
  • Anything you are planning to improve? - Everything.
  • Who is your favourite character and why? - Nobody. All characters are good enough.

Thank you for starting this thread. I’ve found a lot of interesting stories that I want to check out. :blush:

What is your story called?
In the Margins.

At first glance, it might contain some clichés. For example, the MC’s family is abusive towards her but I’m going deeper and actually show how it changed her and how she, with the support of her friends, get through it. But it’s not the biggest focus of the story. The core of the story is a love of books and marginalia, something that is very close to my heart. The MC and the LI “meet” in an unusual way and their relationship is unconventional from most episode stories since they haven’t even met each other yet.

What is the genre?
Drama, with elements of both comedy and romance.

What inspired you to write it?
I really wanted to write a story with some elements that are essential to my life (books and margin writing). I also wanted to write a story where the LI is a nice guy who has tattoos and wears skinny, ripped jeans and leather jackets.

Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
The MC doesn’t live for the guy. She’s her own person and while there is romance in the story it’s not the main focus. I like to dig deeper on social issues and how her backgrounds shape her as a person. Also, something that has bothered me in a lot of stories: just because you like video games, star wars, books and things like that it doesn’t mean that you’re the “timid nerd” or a weirdo. It’s just hobbies and things that you like.

What are the story’s strengths?
I’d like to think it’s the characters. I try to make them seem as real as possible. They all have their own agenda and none of the centers around the MC. I’d also like to think the sass and sarcasm found in the characters are a strength since I live and breath for characters like that.

Who is your favourite character and why?
It’s either Marcus (one of MC’s best friends and roommates) or the main LI.

3 Likes

I’m really glad to hear that :blush:

and

to see that my thread is alive!
giphy

2 Likes

Eyyy, I love your story! It is a great read

1 Like
  • What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).

Kotton Kandie

• What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?

It was published in comedy. Than I moved it over to drama. I call it a dramedy. I always try to make readers laugh but the drama comes in with real life issues.

• What inspired you to write it.

My favorite authors inspired me actually.

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?

In my story you’re playing as a 30yo African American history teacher. That just got a divorce and is going through therapy to get closure.

• Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?

Age group is 25 and up. Someone that loves diversity. Also a person that doesn’t mind no cc. Along with having no problem playing as an adult.

• What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)

My strength is based off choices that matter. Good use of the point system as well. The teacher is not hooking up with her students. My story tackels real life issues head on.

• Anything you are planning to improve?

I suck at narration, so I’m improving on that issue. Directing wise, I’m playing with overlays more.

• Who is your favourite character and why?

Kandie is my favorite character. You get to see her strength and weakness. Kandie is working on her flaws and hoping to become better than ever. While sending a positive message to the readers about staying away from toxic relationships. She vowed to never take back her ex-husband and she’s sticking to it.

1 Like

bump. this is my favourite story promotion thread. i dont wanna see it diiiieeee

2 Likes

Anxious because of choosing one story that I really love and enjoy writing out of all 5

… Hmm…

What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best.)
Mysterious Northview
What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
Mystery, but I originally planned for it to be a Fantasy. It fits the genre because it has twists, things about characters that will start to unravel, and of course, cliffhangers.
One day, I was reading the Announcement thread about the latest contest. I planned to do one of my normal revenge/thriller stories, but then remembered the show “Once Upon A Time”. At that time, I was also watching “The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” on Netflix. I thought, Hey, let’s try out a fantasy story. But it turned out to be a mystery, and, now it’s ready for publishing!
Why do you think the story is different from the average clichés in the trending section?
Because my story doesn’t focus too much on romance, and it also doesn’t have the “golden boy vs. bad boy” cliché. It also has diversity, but that’s beside the point.
Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
Anyone, I guess. Especially if you’re a fan of the supernatural, or music.
What are the story’s strengths?
I guess a unique plot, good character backgrounds, diversity, and advanced directing. Also, choices that affect the story, and points. I’ve been meaning to improve my directing, and I guess I have.
Anything you are planning to improve?
Well, I guess, some dialogue. I feel like they’re weak… And longer scenes. I want to add morals, too.
Who is your favorite character and why?
I like them all, but it’d have to be between Shadow, Jocelyn, Helena, Joseph, or Melania. Shadow is lonely, and seems weak, but is actually helping the protagonist’s best friend, Nayeon. She becomes powerful because of Shadow. Jocelyn, she’s crazy and twisted, but is actually an interesting character. She’s like the sidekick of the villain, Venetia. Helena is another one of the best friends of the protagonist, and happy, but she has a dark side to her. (She’s a demon.) Joseph is extremely quiet and antisocial, but is very sweet, he just has trust issues because of his past. Melania… You might think, What the hell?? when you meet her, but she has deep flaws. I can relate to her, so she’s kinda special to me.

I really enjoy writing this story!

1 Like

I never want this to die.

3 Likes

Only posting to help @Amberose keep the thread alive.

What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
Maternal Instincts (Cinematic although the spotlight version is exactly the same, minus the directing.)

What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
Thriller.
The main plot revolves around a kidnapping (and it is NOT a story where the victim falls in love with the kidnapper) and I think there’s quite a bit of suspense.

The theme for this year’s February contest was love and we were told that it didn’t need to be romantic love. I automatically thought of the love between mother and child and naturally, my brain decided to write something creepy.

Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
For one thing, the girl does NOT fall in love with her abusive kidnapper. Automatically, that makes it different. There are actually two MC’s but the main MC is a 37 year old single mother. This also isn’t a romance story (although there is a romance storyline between the mother and the cop who helps her locate her daughter). I also like to think that the daughter is a strong character, even if she gets kidnapped. She’s smart and I had a few people message me and say that they really liked that about her.

Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
More mature readers (I don’t necessarily mean older readers, but readers who are comfortable with mature content (NOT sex but the story does deal with mature themes)). Readers who love multiple endings and choices that matter. Readers who don’t care about romance.

What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
Out of all my stories, I definitely think this story has the best character development. I’ve never been in a relationship like the daughter in the story, but quite a few people have reached out to me telling me that they were in similar situations and could really relate to her. This means a lot to me because I really tried to make my story as realistic as possible. I was also asked a few times if I’m a mother as a lot of people told me they could relate to the mum’s emotions, too. (I’m not, but the relationship between the mother and daughter is based on the relationship between my own mum and I.)
Choices matter and there are multiple endings (this story has two versions. The spotlight version has 8 endings and the cinematic version has 4.) The directing in the cinematic version I also think is quite good.

Anything you are planning to improve?
No. I already revamped the story from spotlight into cinematic and it’s complete now.

Who is your favourite character and why?
LEAH! (The mother.) She’s tough, would do anything for her daughter and she reminds me a lot of my own mum. In one of the endings (two in the spotlight version), she dies and I bawled my eyes out every time I had to read that ending.

5 Likes

Thank you! Not even my thread, but I’m pretty sure @Annieways appreciates the contribution as much as I do :grin:

When I saw you typing I was wondering which story you’d pick ahaha

2 Likes

Honestly, for me it’s no contest. MI is easily my personal favourite mostly because of the characters. It’s was hard saying goodbye lol which is partly why I redid the story in cinematic (and paid for a cover haha).

2 Likes

Okay so this is going to sound weird but I don’t really like thriller and horror so when I stalked you on the app which I did I decided not to read your stories because I like your posts so much that I really wanted to like your stories and I was afraid I wouldn’t :laughing:
Thanks for sharing this, not only for keeping the thread alive, but for giving me the push to finally read something from you. For me the characters are always the most important part of a story, so now I’m really excited to find out more about Maternal Instincts and Leah.

2 Likes
  • What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).

Lazy Girl Rain.

• What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
    Comedy.
    The whole plot contains comedy, I have always wanted to write a story which is relatable but in a funny way. I think I tried my best to achieve this in this story.

• What inspired you to write it?
    I have read so many stories in Episode which includes cliches, stories I loved, stories which amazed me! But I wanted to write one which is really something different and not published until now (I hope it’s not…) and really relatable and a fresh concept. My another main aim was, we come across people who suffers from depression, who rarely smiles, who are tired of everything in life, I really wanted to make sure that while reading my story atleast they will forget their worries for a while, laughs whole heartedly or atleast it should bring a smile on their face. ( If atleast 1 person tells me that it helped them while they were sad or when they were having a bad day, that day I will be really glad and I proudly say I served my purpose.

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?

This story has a really unique plot and it is relatable in our day to day lives.

• Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?

People who loves comedy genre and as mentioned before, I really want to make some difference in their lives.

• Anything you are planning to improve?

Since this is my first story, I really have so many things to improve. I should thank this forum especially my favourite person (I’m sure she is favourite for lot many people out there.) @amberose who has helped me and still helping me to improve alot .

4 Likes

Oh my God, yes! I can’t express how happy I was when someone told me this and I think I actually replied something like “I served my purpose” :grin:

I will definitely check out your story :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like