Let’s talk about your story

Aww, thank you! You give me too much credit :relaxed:

1 Like

Yes! It indeed makes my day! And I’m happy that you have made someone’s day! It’s really a difficult job.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

You really don’t know that you are helping sooooooo many out there (Including me.). In the world full of selfish people (Ofcourse not all the people.), it’s like a rare gem to find people like you. I say this today, I’ll say this forever!! :heart:

4 Likes

Hahaha, well thank you again hun :smile:

1 Like

Hahaha understandable. A lot of people don’t.
I think that most of the suspense in this story actually comes from the character development. There aren’t any jump scares or anything. If you read it, I really hope you like it :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
Thrill of the Hunt

What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
Mystery. It has romance, but I like writing mysteries more. Murder-mystery and psychological thriller, as the murder case is something personal to the protagonist.

What inspired you to write it?
Too many Batman comics and the manga Ouroboros. :sunglasses: Joking aside, I hated the stigmas of sex workers and sexually-confident women. So I wrote a mystery trying to humanize the former.

Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
I was praised for diversity, so maybe that? Idk, this is a subjective question I’d leave to the reader. But I guess it’s the sex workers part, which can be controversial since I’m vehemently opposed to any people, including readers, dehumanizing them.

I think the female protagonist is stronger, more assertive and more blunt. Confident, knows what she wants, and aggressive. I think dominant women are sexy idk lmao.

Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
People who dislike featured stories, anti-bad boy (the LI is actually a sweetheart while retaining his flirty charm) and mafia stories. POC and LGBTQA too especially. I want everyone feeling represented and not feeling shamed for their sex lives or being themselves.

What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
Character development…I guess because I ACTUALLY like my characters enough? And by that I mean the supporting characters too, not just the MC or LI. Many of them are a mix of fictional works and based on irl people I’m friends with.

I was told my directing is good, but I’m still aiming to be better, ESPECIALLY in the shiny new Limelight version where there is a LGBT female LI option in the works. Before publishing, I was actually more worried on directing than writing and episode length initially. A lot of improvement is shown throughout

Who is your favourite character and why?
Ahhh tough question! I love Corporal Imami Bryson: a black woman who got kicked out of the military for Don’t Ask Don’t Tell, she instead takes up as a Corporal in the MC’s police department by her lover and eventual fiancee.

While her policy of no firearms (because of the death of her husband) have gotten her a very positive reputation in the precint as well as being a role model for her children, later events in the story have her feel psychologically strained and guilt-conflicted.

I like her because while she’s a badass, even she can make “mistakes” where she isn’t to blame. But it doesn’t stop her from agonizing herself, no matter what others say.

If you want to read, Thrill of the Hunt by Azaria Sin is my story.

2 Likes

Bumping this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes
  • What is your story called? Razors and Razors: War and Peace (Season 2)

• What is the genre? I’ve honestly been going back and forth and this but I would say Season 1 is an adventure and Season 2 which is still in development is gonna be a straight up action.

• What inspired you to write it? For a while I’ve had story ideas swimming in my head but no outlet to write them out. Then a cool ass friend of mine named @CosmicIvy got me into writing for Episodes :smiley:

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section? I’m not gonna say my story is better than anyone else’s. Though I will say it breaks the traditional mold Episodes bases its stories on. It’s not a romance. I mean it does have romance in it but it’s not central to the stories. It’s actually quite dark in some aspects and in season 2 it’s gonna get even darker. In Season 1 I tackled some heavy subjects like mental illness and torture. In season 2 I’m gonna go even further and explore war, revenge, terrorism, and even…well I’m gonna keep that last part a secret for now :wink:

• Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to? Not quite sure. My story is open to anyone really. The story does have some graphic depictions but I lay it out in way that’s not too explicit for the sake of being morbid but just enough to communicate what’s happening in the scene. Though if you’re a fan of the Walking Dead, I take quite a bit of inspiration from the show. The good parts that is :slight_smile:

• What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.) I would say one of my story’s stregths reside in the characters. The main character is a…complicated figure. Even though you’re playing as him, he hides himself from the audience which you’ll find out why later in the story.

3 Likes

Bump~~

2 Likes

BUMP! omg nearly let it get to 30 days :persevere:

3 Likes

I would talk about my story, but it’s mainly just ideas- I have barely written anything. But, I have been generating and generating ideas for months, and I know the story pretty well, even though I haven’t written it.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll just keep bumping this topic until you have it developed more then hahah :grinning:

1 Like

I mean… I could just put it on here, but not be so specific that people can copy me, I just wanna share my story and get people’s opinions on it so…

1 Like

k… Here it goes:

Story name: Chameleon
Genre: Adventure, not because of an actual huge adventure that the characters are going on, but because the story is actively progressing, they go through so much emotional adventures, and face a lot of difficult, adventurous tasks, and the story changes so much at the end… That I had to call it an adventure.
What inspired me to write it: Users on here, I wanted to write a story with a powerful MC, so, I “wrote” one, I took inspiration from other stories, but the final ideas are completely my own and the only thing I think I am “copying” are the writing techniques some of them used.
Why do I think the story is different from the average cliche story in the trending section: It doesn’t focus on any of the values in the stories in the trending section. I do take like, one or two cliches, but either prove them wrong, or put them to a good use. It also has both a male and a female MC, done in a style that is very different from any story I have seen, even the ones that WEREN’T in the trending section.
Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
Well, there are a LOT of mature stories on Episode, so I didn’t want to make my story mature. I’m a teen, so I wanted my target audience to be a group of teens, in my story, I highlight the issues of growing up, crushes, and well, real life school in general, but I also have a adventurous side to it, (like I said above) where your mind goes into the story- and strays away from real life.
What are the story’s strengths?
I can’t really tell YET, because I haven’t really written the story yet, BUT I know that it has a VERY unique plot.
Who is your favorite character and why?
In almost every story, I almost always love the main characters. So, of course, I love mine. I have two, a boy and a woman. They both have different stories, but at the end of the story, their stories intertwine, to tie the story together, because, currently, these stories happen separately.

2 Likes
  • What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
    New Life Abroad

• What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
    Drama. I think it fits the genre bcs the conflict there are based on real life issues.

• What inspired you to write it?
    (This story was supposed to be a College Days entry, but since I couldn’t make it to the deadline so I published it as a personal story instead)
    When Episode announced the College Days contest, I was thinking of entering but was a bit hesitant bcs I lived far away from the USA and I don’t know how the college system there are like. Then, I asked my followers on IG “I wanted to enter the CD contest, but the college system in my country is very different than the system in American colleges (for example, there are no sororities or fraternities etc), do you think I should still enter?”. Then someone (my favourite author who follows me) replied to my story and she said “yes”, and it encouraged me to enter. I wanted to write something different than any other cliché sorority college stories, so I made it into a story where the MC moves to another country that’s far away from the USA (hint: it’s a South-East Asian country) on her 1st year of college. On her journey through the story, she learned about the cultures there and the differences between the college system in her new country and her hometown.

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
    First of all, this story is all about learning new cultures in a new country. Second of all, the MC is not the typical shy MC. She’s a confident, extroverted, open-minded MC who’s willing to learn something new. Third, no queen be. The MC might have some conflict with some people, but they’re definitely not a queen bee, just an average person. Fourth, no bad boy love interest. I admit one of the love interests MIGHT look like a bad boy, but that’s only because he’s flirty (only towards MC tho), goes clubbing, and wears bomber jacket everyday. The only reason I made him wear bomber jacket is because the boys in my country love to wear jacket A LOT and this applies to every types of boys in my country. Other than that, he’s just a regular person with his own hobbies, interests, and ambitions.

• Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
    This story is for teenagers and young adults. I would recommend this story to those who love culturally diversed stories and/or are willing to learn about new cultures.

• What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
    I think my story plot is pretty unique bcs it’s all about learning new cultures. My story also has strong character development. Every characters are important (not just the MC). They have their own hobbies, interests, ambitions, issues/problems, and there will be backstories for each important characters and you’ll learn why they behave the way they do. Some characters (well, most) are inspired by people I know in real life, that’s why they are realistic. Even the ones who were considered a bitch, you can also find someone like them in real life. Also, MC’s best friends are not just a sidekick to her. They’re all important part of the story.

• Anything you are planning to improve?
    Yes, I’m planning to improve on the directing. My story has basic directing, but at least it’s still decent. I wanted to use some more advanced directing.

• Who is your favourite character and why?
    My favourite character is a girl named Vania. She’s one of MC’s friends, and she’s a very independent girl who has good balance in campus activities and social life. She’s just dope.

Here’s the link to my story if anyone is interested to read it :slight_smile:

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6743558023348224

1 Like

Bump :heart:

1 Like

An energetic bump! :smile:

3 Likes

Omg bump this was a close one

2 Likes
  • What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
    Diary of a Middle School Teacher

Comedy, mainly because of the situations that Mia observes and that happen in her classroom… but there’s also drama and romance.

I wanted to write a story from the perspective of a language teacher… I’ve taught English to different grade levels, and one of my favorite subjects to teach was 7th grade literature.

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
    It’s about teaching as a career, not a plot device for a teacher-student relationship. Mia’s love interest is a guy her age, NOT a student. It’s set in Mexico with an all Mexican cast.

Pretty much anyone can read this story… but definitely someone who likes light-hearted comedy and who isn’t too picky about customization, since you are only able to customize Mia’s hairstyle and lip color.

• What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
    Probably the uniqueness of the plot and the character development. Each character, even the 7th graders, have layers and a purpose in the story.

The directing… I wouldn’t say it’s basic but I haven’t really mastered the art of adding special effects, either.

Probably my number one favorite character is Mia, because I can relate to her on so many levels… I love her inner thoughts and how she over-analyzes everything (just like me)… I always think about how I’d most likely react to any given situation whenever I’m writing her dialogues. I also like Max… at first, I intended for him to have a strained relationship with his son because they’re so different, but as the story progresses, he decides to reach out to Mariano and fix their father-son relationship.

2 Likes
    Pine Hollow

Fantasy. Well if Episode would have fantasy and paranormal genres, like Wattpad has, I’d put it in paranormal. There are also bits of romance, drama and comedy (I hope so lol)

Bad (in my opinion) review on my previous story. It gave me the boost to think of an original idea for this one.

Hum. Cause directing is good xD To be fair, big part of the trending section’s stories have average or even below average directing. The plot itself. Slow-pacing romance.

Basically anyone who enjoys stories with witches and vampires. I mean vampires who are not romantic-interests-rapists.

I think everything? The plot is unique, at least that’s what I’ve been told, characters face real-life problems that are wrapped up in supernatural cover, and go through development. Every choice actually matters and directing is very good.

My writing speed lol.

Hard to tell. My preferences are shifting all the time xD At the moment - Alexander, the vampire. He has a good backstory, that is yet to be told, plus in the last episodes he really starts to open up. And I think he is entertaining both to watch, and to write.

2 Likes