Let’s talk about your story

I love this thread, this had my first comment back when I joined the forums. :yellow_heart: :sunflower: coming back to chat about my new story.

• What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
    Reveal: Unkissable :kiss:

• What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
    Drama - tbh… I chose drama because of the contest, but I could see it being a rom/com as well.

• What inspired you to write it?
    I guess my own life in a way. In my story, the main character lost their mom when they were young, moves schools, and later in high school is transferred to private school/moves in with wealthy, distant relatives because her dad accepted an international job during a mid-life-crisis. In my own life… - I almost lost my mom when I was very young, changed schools, and later in high school was transferred to public school and nearly moved in with distant relatives when my dad lost all of our savings in his own mid-life crisis.

• Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
    All of my characters have a distinct tone based on their personalities which is reflected in their lines, thoughts, narration, etc. Some use slang, abbreviations, some have long lines with flowery language, others more cut and dry. The main drive of the plot centers around two characters, but every scene isn’t solely devoted to the two and their romantic development. The supporting characters do more than just help the mains meet - they all have their own conflict and depth they bring to the story. I’m not sure if this is different from trending stories, but I guess it’s unique from other liner stories.

• Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
    I would recommend my story to someone who likes slow-burn romance with funny, yet relevant side characters and spoiler haha vampires.

• What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
    My directing is pretty clean-cut, but I think the best part of my story is my character development.

• Anything you are planning to improve?
    My update time for sure. My scenes take a lot of time to code, and I probably spend about a week working on an episode and another few days editing/revising it. I am trying to get more efficient with this, and would love to get it down to under a week to update.

• Who is your favourite character and why?
    Definitely Sam haha. He’s a supporting character and the LI’s entirely-too-relevant brother. He’s so funny and charming, and you just know it’s going to be a good scene when you see him walk in with that sneaky, up to no good grin haha.

• What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
    The Blood Moon Werewolves
  • What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
    Fantasy because… well…you know WEREWOLVES
  • What inspired you to write it?
    I think it was because when I searched up Werewolf stories I would click a story and the plot was very predictable. I wanted to put my own little twist!
  • Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
    I think my story is a little different because instead of the MC meeting the LI and her being special and he helps her through. Mine is about both of them being extraordinary and helping each other unlock some of their elements for example: The MC has anger issues so she needs help unlocking the Air element because she needs to be calm and not stressed. Also another not MC but just a character that helps the plotline. She also has a little mix of like “Fairy Magic” that she didn’t know about. She uses it in a bad way.
  • Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
    *I would recommend my story to people who like romance that is being dodged I dont know if you undertsand but yea. *
  • What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
    I think my story’s strengths are my clean directing and the different plot and trauma other than a parent or sibling dieing or being rejected.
  • Anything you are planning to improve?
    I want to improve my directing a little bit and learn how to move overlays and more advanced stuff. Also I want there to be a real connection with the MC and the readers.*
    Who is your favorite chracter and why?
    My favorite character from my story is definetly Cory. He is just such a fun and supportive character. He is also one of the MC’s best friends and she always counts on him for advice or just a good laugh.

Story not published yet lmfao

What is your story called? (If you have more, choose the one you consider to be the best).
Past Life Lovers
What is the genre? Why do you think it fits the genre?
It is a fantasy and romance story. It is a fantasy story because it involves some things that doesn’t happen in reality.
What inspired you to write it?
I had many inspiration in the past, I wrote stories after stories. I wrote whatever come to mind, it can be cringy, cliche, drama or something illogical.
Why do you think the story is different from the average cliche in the trending section?
Because you get to see some weird dreams the MC might have and also the mysteries are interesting. And it doesn’t only involve the mysteries. Since MC is attending a college, there would be some college activities to do in the story.
Who is your target audience? Who would you recommend the story to?
I would recommend it to anyone who’s interested in reading fantasy and romance stories.
What are the story’s strengths? (unique plot, character development, meaningful choices, advanced directing etc.)
I would say it has a unique plot. I’ve spent many days making the plot and my friends said it turned out pretty good. About the choices, you can earn loyalty, rebellious, sarcasm and also your love interest points.
Anything you are planning to improve?
I would like to try improving my opening scene. I’ve seen many authors using their covers as backgrounds for their opening scene of the story. I will try that method in the future. :smile:
Who is your favourite character and why?
Well, I’d say Lefi. It is because she makes the mood better like when MC and her friend Jessica are being sarcastic with each other, she would try to break them up and solve their ‘friendship’ issue.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.