Let’s Talk: Bullying

Please Refrain From Off-Topic Arguments

As you all know, bullying comes in many different forms. Physical, Verbal, Social and Cyber. Every type of bullying is different, but it all affects everybody.

Physical bullying - Hitting, punching, basically physically harming somebody.

Verbal bullying - Name calling, insults, attacks, threats.

Social bullying - Rumours, exclusion, gossip.

Cyber bullying - Bullying online. Sending nasty pictures, messages, attacks.

Some questions:

1. Have you ever been bullied?
  2. Have you witnessed someone else being bullied?
  3. Have you ever been a bully?
  4. How would you deal with bullying?
  5. How are ways we could stop bullying in real life?
  6. How are ways we can stop bullying on the forums?
  7. Have you ever been friends with a bully?

I haven’t been bullied on the forums, but I’ve seen this happening.

14 Likes

I have bent bully people pick on me .we can do new rules.@mleshell80 them people call me name to.

3 Likes

Never been bullied…but yeah some seniors of my school used to verbal bully…they did once to my friend who had a crush on one of my seniors…i did take a stand for her and many of my friends were by her side…but that is all we could do and i guess it did hv an impact on them cause they never bullied anyone after that and also stopped trolling people on insta…

6 Likes

Yes

No

No

I told my mom and she talked to the school and they did nothing.

I think most people know what physical bullying is but some of them don’t understand what others mean. So maybe making little lessons to teach kids these types of bullying to help everyone understand.

Valuing people’s opinions. People (and the forums is no exception) get offended so easily or if someone’s opinion doesn’t apply they get defensive.

Yes

8 Likes

1: yes in years on the school I went too. I got depression because of it
2:Nope I was always the one been bullied
3: once and I felt so bad after and said sorry. it was another friend who made me bully her.
4: well i moved to another school.
5: i moved . that was the only thing there stopped it
6: …report them
7: yeah. though i dropped her as friend when I realise she was a bully

6 Likes

Have you ever been bullied?
Yes, I’ve been. Verbal, social and cyber.

Have you witnessed someone else being bullied?
I have. Cyberbullying.

Have you ever been a bully?
I hope I haven’t. I try to be nice and open to people.

How would you deal with bullying?
By ignoring. I believe that what I do, say or create is good. I can take criticism but I never listen to bullies. I keep on doing my own thing.

How are ways we could stop bullying in real life?
By ignoring the bullies or helping them. Because some of the bullies are rude because of their own life situation.

How are ways we can stop bullying on the forums?
That’s what flagging was created for, I believe. But honestly, I have no idea how unfortunately.

Have you ever been friends with a bully?
I haven’t.

6 Likes

Some questions:

Yes. I have.
    Yes several times. I live in the US and people do that a lot.
    No I don’t think so. I try to resolve bad situations not create them.
    I usually just walk away.
    We need to see that their are two sides to every story.
    Opinion is good but don’t get mad when someone doesn’t agree. Also constructive criticism is good and don’t get mad when someone gives you it.
    Yes.
7 Likes

Have you ever been bullied?

Yes.

Have you witnessed someone else being bullied?

No.

Have you ever been a bully?

Never.

How would you deal with bullying?

Tell a parent/administrator/teacher, whoever is near or around you about it to have it dealt with.

Also, just walk away and ignore them.

How are ways we could stop bullying in real life?

• Spread awareness.
  • Teach others to stop bullying it can ruin someone life or put them at risk of committing suicide/depression.

How are ways we can stop bullying on the forums?

Be kind and respect to everyone. Respect is key, learn to agree and disagree with their opinion respectfully. Stop arguing about it, opinions are not meant to be an argument, its stating someones view on a topic.

Have you ever been friends with a bully?

Yes, but I don’t want to anymore.

4 Likes

This why they are bullies, and they really need a lot of help they can get.

4 Likes

I bent bully to lot people ready hurt me lot .still hurt some pick on you call you name it happens on episode forums to.i am still upset from it.

1 Like

Yup.

Yes.

No.

I would ignore it. Unfortunately, I would have to fight for them to leave me alone…
Which solves nothing.

Truth be told, you can’t stop a bully. However, you can try to prevent it from happening by telling authority or getting that person out of that predicament. But, whatever you do it won’t stop that bully from bullying.

The same answer applies to this question. However, stopping a bully on the forums is less difficult. You can talk to those who are bullying and tell them what they are doing is wrong and if that doesn’t get to them. You can flag them and you can report them to the mods.

I have. But, after explaining to them what they are doing is wrong. They eventually open their eyes and stopped the bullying.

5 Likes

I know, it’s going to be okay. Just ignore, or flag their post if it’s offensive or if it bothers you.

3 Likes

Some time u don t else to and turn to need help who talk to.bent bully a lot. Just need a friend talk to I am still hurt for it i Don’t like be bully at all .who can go to.

1 Like

I will thank you .I hate be bully

1 Like

Yes.

Yes.

I don’t know. Sometimes I’m a bit too aggressive, and I feel like I offend some people. But all I really say is the hard honest truth.

I try ignoring them, and if that doesn’t work, I either stand up to them or if it’s too severe I tell an adult.

I think people should stop seeing bullies as this monster who doesn’t care about anyone but themselves and loves tormenting people. Instead people should try and understand why they’re like that, and get them the help they need.

Stop getting offended at the littlest things, and if they have nothing nice and productive to say, they just shouldn’t say it at all.

Yes.

5 Likes

Another major thing that has to do with bullying is suicide. I’ve known people who said they wanted to die and no one took it seriously because “that person didn’t look like a bully”. I think if adults listen to this they would see it as a warning. just the other day this happened. My brother has been bullied a lot and he’s 11. So we were in the vehicle and he said he wanted to die and my dad said it’s just kids being kids.

7 Likes

Yes don t want be bully no more.i bent hurt all my life.

1 Like

That’s very true. I remember once I tried to kill myself because this group of were bullying me every day after school. My mum caught me, but she didn’t take it seriously. She just said I was over- reacting and that they couldn’t have done anything that bad.

3 Likes

Parents need to make a bigger deal out of this. I was best friends with this girl and she started bullying me while we were still friends. My other friend told me it’s bullying and I didn’t believe her so that day I went home and asked my mom if it was and she said no. So of course I kept being friends with her and then some dude started bullying me and then my mom completely cut me off from people. I have one friend now and she’s not the best. Anyways that’s my bully story.

5 Likes

Yepzaz. It doesn’t feel nice. I actually got bullied, quite recently.

Yee. I tried to step in, but nobody noticed or cared about what I did to stop it.

I’ve said mean things, but never been a bully.

Idk. I’m strugglingz with that.

Respect, kindness, forgiveness.

Respect everybody. Don’t form exclusive cliques and don’t talk about others negatively.

Yeeyee. Until I found out how horrid they were being. I’m kinda struggling rn with a bully, well kinda. So many mean things being said behind my back, I sort of feel like I’m not worth it anymore. Part of me just wants to disappear for good, being such a 12vie. I feel so nauseous and terrible. Those messages :grimacing::neutral_face:

4 Likes