Let’s talk: School 💫🥺

Hi,

Okay so, you must be wondering why I created this thread…

Well I’m creating it because, I wanted to know if I’m the only one who is still scared of going back to school?

I mean I’m doing it online but I still have those back to school feeling fear idk why?

And the fact that none of my friends go to my school is just another fear…

Do you still get fear of going to school?

What can I do to calm down my nerves?

Any advice is helpful!!! :pleading_face::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Tags:

@melaniesmall @PropertyofNae @maree_s :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Can i ask why ur afraid?

1 Like

I actually feel more confident since I’ve changed significantly since school was out last year. I’m excited to see my friends but my best friend and I have a rift so I don’t know how awkward it’ll be.

1 Like

D*mn that must be nice having someone you know with you at school :sparkles::dizzy:

1 Like

Ohh i know how u must feel not having any friends/friendly face u know i switch school once and didnt know any body it was awkard as hell, i didnt even knew how to get lunch :joy: but dw once u get to know everyone it’ll be alright trust me!

2 Likes

I moved a ton when I was younger so being in the same district for 4-5 years is a blessing. I’m too lazy to socialize with strangers :joy:

1 Like

That helped a lot, thank you! :pleading_face::two_hearts:

1 Like

Haha for me, I’m too scared and worried to interact with strangers because I’ve known the same people for 8 years now and moving to a whole different town and leaving them all their is hard on me :confused:

1 Like

yeah I still have a fear of going to school, for one I hate talking in class AND I don’t want to bring covid19 home with me (cause I go in person) so…
I mean I use fidget toys to calm down my nerves so maybe you can try a fidget cube??

1 Like

You have valid fears about the virus. Even if scientists come out out with a vaccine, a new strain of the virus may occur. They already had a guy test positive for Covid again with a different strain of the virus.

COVID can have lasting affects. Scientists are still trying to figure out the symptoms of the virus, the cause and effect, and how it spreads. It is the fear of the unknown.

We had someone test positive at our facilities. Fortunately, everyone was considerate of one another and kept their mask on. The virus did not spread. Everyone else tested negative and we had to quarantine for 14 days. We hurried and cleared the building due to the possibility of aerosols lingering in the air from the virus.

Everyone have to wear a mask and practice social distancing in order to prevent spreading the virus. Or they may be also at risk of becoming asymptotic and spreading the virus to their loved ones.

You as a student have a right to feel safe. Your teachers and administrators are responsible for ensuring a safe environment. If you feel uncomfortable going back to environment, see if you can continue taking online classes and avoid face to face classes.

I am very practical at times but I hope that helps. I am still uncomfortable going to campus and we resumed face to face classes in June. We are getting ready to service the public for our clinicals. It is a higher risk for us because our courses requires skin to skin contact. We can’t social distance when servicing the public.

1 Like

My first day is tomorrow, rip :cold_sweat:

I wish you the best of luck! I’m sure you’ll be okay

1 Like

Thank you @Cass_writes @maree_s and @ImAnAlien for all this advice!

It made me feel more secure of going back to school tomorrow (remotely):dizzy:

@maree_s I will also try everything to stay home rather than risk myself and my loved ones :pleading_face::two_hearts:

Thank you everyone!!! :pleading_face::two_hearts::two_hearts::dizzy::dizzy::sparkles:

3 Likes

Oui! You start tomorrow as well :eyes: Imagine if we go to the same school fjdjdmdnd Jkjk but good luck :joy:

1 Like

Thank you! You too! :joy::two_hearts::pleading_face:

1 Like

@Nick or @Sydney_H can you close this please?

I got great advice and it wouldn’t make sense if this stayed open any longer!

Thank you! :v:t3:

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :slight_smile: