Let's be honest... looks do matter

Okay so I was bored and felt like making a post for a mini rant :grin: I think I first heard that looks don’t matter from a kid’s tv show or something, and even in my young mind, I knew that was a lie. I mean, love at first sight? Discrimination? Even just judging random strangers. Ha, ha ha. Looks don’t matter, that’s a good one. slaps knee
But anyways! :grinning: This topic came to mind because I was scrolling through episode as I do and looking at posts and all I see is “Oh, don’t make the MC generic looking, that’s boring. Upturned feline? Defined triangle? That’s so cliche.” Oh Episode community… My cliche characters give me happiness in this cruel unforgiving world. :blush: But that’s just me. Oh it feels so good to let out a little rant… wouldn’t you agree? :joy: Moving on though, isn’t it the plot that matters rather than what the MC looks like? Not saying being different is baddddd. But like… some of those cliches be looking like real snaccs :ok_hand:
end of mini rant
Feel free to bash my opinion :rofl:

15 Likes

Yes that’s what really matters, but sometimes we like to read about characters that dont look exactly like everyone else’s. It’s kind of boring don’t you think?

6 Likes

I mean honestly, not really. The stories I read are all different, so the MCs have similar aspects, but are all different in their own ways. I see what people mean though, I’m just not as bothered by it :smile:

5 Likes

I think looks shouldn’t matter, but they do.

5 Likes

Personally I only think you’re shallow if looks matter more than personality to you. It’s fine to look for someone you’re physically attracted to, but if you’re willing to stay with someone just because they’re hot even when your personalities don’t match, that’s when I’d call you shallow :innocent:

8 Likes

True dat

Ill put it like this
Ive made the same LIs in stories and liked only a few of them despite the same apperance.
Looks matter and personality

1 Like

I’m not a child who’s playing with Barbie and Ken dolls. I do like it when characters look different and varied. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe that looks matter. Even if we don’t want, we all have a beauty standard. I also do think that people should put some effort into looking presentable. I mean, you don’t really think well of someone that is unhygienic. At the very least, people should keep themselves clean. You don’t have to use makeup or anything, but I think being presentable is important.

As for Episode, I had so much fun creating LL characters before I even knew the typical or popular features. And I’m proud to say that a lot of my characters use “unpopular” features and look damn hot. I think it all depends on how you create the character, lip/eye colour, etc.

2 Likes

You stole my words out of my mouth :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes! I agree that plot matters more than looks but episode is more popular for visual storytelling right? I mean think about it, what makes episode different from story-writing apps like wattpad? It gives us a visual experience!

So while authors write their stories, not only do they need to have a good plot, they should also focus on how the characters look. But as a reader, it doesn’t bother me a lot when the characters look same bit when you are reading 5 different stories, you want that all MCs look different. And it’s not like it takes too much of effort, right?

Though I will admit I love the cliche appearing characters. The upturned bold eyes are my favourite and so is the straight hair hairstyle. But I guess you can still make them look different from the usual MCs.

1 Like

I keep making my characters have the same face. It’s always defined nose, diamond face, and the pouty lips/full heart lips.

i need help

2 Likes

Omg my problem exactly. Any chance I get to customize the love interest, it’s basically the same. I have a type. oops :joy:

1 Like

Dang I thought everyone did that. :joy: I customize my love interest exactly the same all the time.

2 Likes

Lol.

Same, I’ve determined what she looks like already :joy: I haven’t yet worked out what I want my male LI to look like yet though :joy:

1 Like

OMG! This brings up another topic. Limelight completely messed up my creations of guys. Idk, I feel like the customization options for males is more limited than it is for ink. Making a love interest I can drool over is harder now :persevere: I have to adapt :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve already made 3, lol. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Yass I agree… men in limelight are hard to drool over :joy: I mean, they’re hot, but not my type.

3 Likes

Look at you, already mastering the art of limelight. :grinning: :clap:

2 Likes