Let's be honest... looks do matter

And if we have CC, most of us will have a tendency to make the characters look the same as to how we like and our tastes…and in end I …at times mix up which story is which.

3 Likes

I do not believe in love at first sight, and discrimination not always has to do with looks.
While I think it is true that looks do matter, the definition of “good-looking” is 100% subjective. Those cliché features make you happy? Nothing wrong with that. I like them, too, but I got tired of them, especially when they are together, a while ago. Nowadays, when I have the chance to customise, I use other features: bigger noses, unpopular eyes, I try to pick unusual mouths (although this one is hard; I mostly read INK stories and male mouths are pretty glitchy or just look too awkward combined with other features).

And guess what? Despite not having cliché features, these characters usually end up looking great… in my opinion.

So, bottom line: looks matter, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that will never change :wink:

5 Likes

See, you have such a wonderful way with words, I wasn’t lyin’ before ^^

Lovely <3 <3

3 Likes

When you read a story with multiple love interests, do you customize them ALL the same? Or do they all look different? :thinking:

2 Likes

:joy: I have 3 different main looks for my love interests, and I use all of them on different love interests. So they all look different.

It’d be weird to have 2 people that look the same walking around with different names. :rofl:

4 Likes

Twins separated at birth…and they don’t even acknowledge it LOL

2 Likes

I can definitely agree with that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes! Exactly my point.

I prefer stories without CC though because I like to see MC as how the author imagines her.

3 Likes

I totally agree. Especially about them looking like snaccs! lol

1 Like

I love this! You definitely have a point. Sometimes cliche characters can be so boring, but honestly, I read Episode stories for the cliche that I can’t really stand in normal novels. I :heart: the cliche’s in Episode sometimes, and other times I want a cool, original idea. There’s nothing wrong with either of those two things!

Oh, no. My cliche characters don’t give me happiness AT ALL!!! Its such a hypocritic world we live in that says, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Yet, when I make a main character which would look as normal as a citizen and would not look as if she just strutted out from some Victoria’s Secret Model Runway, the readers would feel mad or sad and demand the change in her features or demand a customization template in the script. I’m like, “Really?! There’s no respect for REAL beauty out there?!”

2 Likes

True. Somehow cliches on episode might …be more tolerable compared to novels. Others might differ and prefer vice versa. It might be because Episode is a visual AND interactive app… and nowadays almost everyone loves interactivity…not just one dimensional. So this might mask our intolerableness towards cliches (plots, characters and more)

But it’s always once we have too much of something, do we get bored and want new things. Want something original. But somehow, our tendencies to still create and read cliches will still be there. It’s a pretty ironic world.

2 Likes

Can u give me an example of that? Sorry, I read this before and didn’t think about it too much then I was like, hold up I need an example of this😂

Sexual orientation, religious and political beliefs, marital status… Most of the time, these types of discrimination should not have to do with looks.

Okie dokie :ok_hand:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.