Let's Debate! [DEBATE THREAD]

I’m pretty bored at the moment… so I created this thread for people who would like to debate with me. I honestly love debating, so if you’re up for it, drop a topic down below so we can debate about it!

NO RUDE COMMENTS! NO HOSTILITY!

5 Likes

Female MC Vs Male MC

1 Like

we need more mc males stories.
but i rather read a story about a mc male by a male author. i feel like it’s more natural and it will feel real because we are actually geting a guys POV

5 Likes

most definitly.

this is also a good one.

3 Likes

There should more stories that I have male main characters in it. That’s nothing wrong with that at all.

1 Like

Agreed.

I agree with you.

1 Like

No offence, but debating is a type of arguing

5 Likes

difference is that argument usually has a more negative connotation to it. … Debate , on the other hand, is usually a conversation between people expressing two sides of a certain topic in a polite and respectable manner

20 Likes

Are we now gonna debate about whether debates are arguments or not :thinking:

11 Likes

Debates are arguments whether you agree or disagree with something/someone. Someone grabs your point or argument and uses it against u to take the win. Ya know? So debating is an argument.

If u had a debate club in school, you’ll get my point. XD

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s like a “formal” argument because you have facts based off what you are arguing.

2 Likes

It is a form of an argument, but it’s “formal” I guess. I don’t know how to explain it.

1 Like

Back to the MC thing…
Idc who’s narrating, I just want a good plot. I’m so used to the females that when I see the male MCs I’m like “Woah, what is this?”

5 Likes

I think we should have it where we ask if they want to be male MC or female MC so if they want they can be male.

4 Likes

Omg yesssss

1 Like

I will always prefer male MCs. Always. I find that I relate to men better most of the time ^^’

I am always a male when I’m playing video games and there’s an option (I usually do multiple playthroughs, so I am female sometimes, but most of the time, male) I prefer reading from a male pov, writing from a male pov, etc. etc.

Women can irritate me. Especially nowadays with all this “strong female character” bs going on >.> Like can I have me a feminine woman please? If I want a masculine character, I got some male MC stories, theeeeeeenks >.>

5 Likes

WOW. A woman CAN’T be considered strong while also being feminine. It’s as if human beings AREN’T multifaceted and CAN’T have multiple traits. :open_mouth:

10 Likes

It’s hard to debate without it becoming an argument. It implies that OP is looking for a bunch of people to say their opinion without agreeing/disagreeing. Argument and debate are synonyms after all.

I would have replied sooner, but you didn’t reply to my post so I didn’t know you’d said anything.

4 Likes

There’s nothing formal about debating. You can debate with friends and family and there would be no formality to it.

5 Likes