Let's Discuss Gem Choices

Hi! I’m not the biggest fan question but since they could help you rank higher a lot of authors, are understandably adding them.

My main question is: What would you say is a reasonable thing to spend your gems on in a story? For example, an art scene or bonus scene etc.

2 Likes

I’ve seen authors create bonus scenes / extra content for gems. This is a good thing to add as long as the content is just for fun, not important to the story. What also might be good to add— I actually did this for my story— is when an episode has two alternate endings (when a choice is made to get a certain ending), the reader could have a choice to pay gems to see the other ending.

4 Likes

I would say when it’s important but not too important but like an art scene is suitable

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t mind if the author is honest about how spending some diamonds help them, but when someone paywalls story related content, I just avoid the book altogether (or use it as a diamond mine if it grants diamonds).

Also options to max out character points, grant items thst you missed, etc. are okay too, since it isn’t a must buy, just optional.

2 Likes

Yes I love that idea of spending it on alternate endings!!

1 Like

Makes sense (:

1 Like

I definitely agree with that!

1 Like

Things I that I feel is fair for people to spend gems on -

Lost character points, re customisation (unless episode has released new features), early access (I am fine with having to wait for a new chapter)

1 Like

I 100% agree! But I guess it’s good for the authors who deserve extra appreciation for their work but some people add gems for everything.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like it for certain things I don’t feel as though people should have to pay for or I would never pay for. There was a community story that asked me to pay to say the LI was hot, hell no was I was paying for that. But I don’t think I personally would pay for anything because I am really frugal when it comes to my gems even though I have almost 300 (My precious :joy:) I have only payed for a support choice for my friend twice since this new ranking system. I say re customisation because most authors hate adding customisation when readers mess up so I think they could add it in every chapter but for a price. And I hate paying for extra content because I feel as though I am missing out even if it doesn’t affect the story.

I feel like you should use gems for like cheats or bonuses. Like for relationship points for LI interests’ or bonus art scenes.

1 Like

Exactly! I want to support some of my fav authors so I would occasionally use it for them.
And omg you’re gem rich LMAO I only have 12 because I went one crazy one time spending gems :skull:

1 Like

Makes sense, I agree (:
Although I don’t think I’d ever spend my gems on points just because I want the story to flow the way I’ve made it by my choices.

1 Like

Yeah, I always read carefully making sure not to I don’t tap gem choices so I can read every featured to get lot’s of gems. I will let the LI and best friends hate me just to get the gems because I can always re read if I really want those scenes but usually they are not worth it.

1 Like