Let's discuss Mafia stories

I don’t find a problem with writing in a romance, its just the story and information about the mafia should be depicted correctly.

2 Likes

Right I agree! I just don’t know where to start. I guess what I’m trying to say is based off of the Mafia stories that I’ve read, I don’t know what information from those stories we’re true & accuarate.

1 Like

Lmfao idk why but this scenario is pretty funny.

Anyway, both MC and twin sister are mafia kiddos. Then sure, go ahead. It’d just be better if both twins were obsessed with killing him and seducing him… in a more comedic way rather than romantic/erotic.

Anyways,

his name doesn’t sound realistic, since it’s not Italian. If you need any help with Italian characters (translations, culture check) be sure to stop by our shop.

2 Likes

Then don’t use those stories as where you get your information. You can look many things up on the internet and you can find interview even with former Mafia bosses.
Michael Franzese talks about his former life in the mafia, you can look up his interviews.

2 Likes

okay, I actually really like the story idea, but I was just wondering, is the italian mafia boss based in LA?

2 Likes

wait so ur saying that i should portray that as them thinking its funny and playing around?

thank uu! do you think i could at least keep the Dex part, or would that not be realistic enough?

1 Like

Wdym? Like are you asking the Italian mafia boss lives in LA?

1 Like

Thank uu sm ! this helped out a lot ! ^^

1 Like

yeah.

2 Likes

ohhhhh, well i was thinking this:

the Italian mafia boss & his family grew up and Italy, they just moved to LA 2 years ago, for a business arrangement/plan. does that sound realistic ?

2 Likes

I’d say that mafia stories being inaccurately protrayed basically boils down to a lot of Episode stories being inaccurate, unrealistic, or overly fantasized.

The next person who walks into your classroom won’t be your soulmate. Your next door neighbor probably isn’t going to be a rockstar. The guy you meet in a chat room is most likely to be just that, a guy you meet in a chat room, not the one you’re going to spend the rest of your life with.

But, in the fantasy version, all of those situations can be the opposite. The next person to walk in the classroom IS your soulmate. Your next door neighbor IS a rockstar. The guy in that chatroom? He IS the one you’re going to spend the rest of your life with.

People have their own fantasies and desires, which comes out in their writing. Reality more or less gets in the way. Most people came to Episode to make their OWN stories, which revolve on what they thought of.

Mafia stories are almost all cliche and inaccurately protrayed but their still popular and still liked because A) people don’t want to learn/don’t know of the mafia’s brutal truth & B) It’s familiar, the same plotline is used over and over, which means I have thousands of stories that fit exactly what I want.

8 Likes

hmmmm, maybe his parents (or at least his dad) stay in Italy, because they still have things to run back there.
Since their rich the father can obviously fly back to LA from time to time if you need him in a scene.

2 Likes

i have a favor to ask, & please be brutualy honest with me here. could uu take a look at my description pls & tell me if it’s cliche, & the same plot-line as all the other mafia stories?

- description

You and your family just moved from LA to Las Vegas. But you have a secret, you are the most feared Mafia gang in the country. Your family is apart of the Mexican Mafia and you and your sister are fighting to be heir of the Mafia. Since you and your sister are both twins and were born at the same time, your father wants to give you both a fair chance to prove yourselves worthy to be heir. Your father says whoever can take down the Italian Mafia, and kill their heir, will become the new leader of the Mexican Mafia.

Soon you meet Dex Young, a charming 18 year old that you and your sister are both head over heels for. But Dex has a secret, he’s the heir to the Italian Mafia - the person you must kill.

Will you and Dex be able to keep your secret from each other? Or will your true identities show, along with your true feelings for each other?

1 Like

okay ! what about if the mexican mafia boss & his family moved to italy? Because he wants his daughters to kill the heir to the Italian Mafia, so they would move to Italy.

2 Likes

No. How I understood the dynamics from your description, I imagined the twins being determined to become the heir so much so that it turns into a full-on competition between the two. I imagine some level of obsession would be involved? Then again, I might have misunderstood. But if this is how you imagine the plot to unfold, it’d be pretty funny to watch them try and perhaps sabotage the other.

Although, if you prefer a more serious approach also super interesting then forget the slight comedic tone.

Np! It depends though. If he’s Italian-American then Dex is fine. But that would make him the future leader of the Italian-American mafia or wouldn’t it :thinking:. If he’s Italian from mother Italy then Dex sounds very foreign.

2 Likes

I think that would make more sense.

2 Likes

yeah I agree, I still read stories with the same plotline, but I just wish they would show some realistic aspects of the Mafia. This is my opinion, it’s okay if an author doesn’t do that, I’m just saying it would appreciated.

1 Like

Well, it’s not that okay. It would still be very harmful in various ways :confused:

1 Like

ugh, I think I contradicted myself when I wrote that.
It’s not okay to put out wrong information, but it’s okay for a writer to have creative freedom, because at the end of the day it’s their choice to publish it, whether it be a sensitive topic or not, it’s their writing they put out.

I’m not sure if that makes sense or not, I’m having a hard time putting what I’m thinking into words…

1 Like

The plotline doesn’t sound too cliche, I think it being cliche or unique depends on your characters more so than the plotline.

I do have some questions though.

If it’s a Mexican gang why is it in LA and Las Vegas?

And when it says that they’re the most feared in the country is it referring to Mexico or the USA?

Your characters all sound like they would be heavily involved with the business, which means that they should take things more seriously. A lot of stories have a comedic take or “they only kill bad guys” but if you want to accurately display bits and the characters are fighting over the heir, then they should display a level of maturity.

Off the top of my head, it doesn’t sound like anything I’ve read but has a few elements I’ve seen, the best way to make sure your story ‘isnt cliche’ is to incorporate some truth of the mafia and how it works along with realistic characters.

1 Like