Let's have a debate, whether it is okay to use Google images

This is a friendly zone, no bitch moments. Be respectful. I am just wondering about something the last few days. There’s some controversy of it is okay to use Google images for stories. Personally. I think it is okay because Episode have guidelines in place for approval of images. Some people are over thinking it, they are too worry about copyrights. If Episode find a copyright image that have been approved. They will most likely just take the image down.
Do you agree?

• Yes
  • No
  • Somewhat

0 voters

3 Likes

Well I’m not sure I have heard that some stories got deleted because episode approved those images not sure if it’s true though

3 Likes

I heard that of stories getting banned because of sexual vigor. Not because of the image

2 Likes

Like I said it’s just something I have heard and I don’t wanna take the risks of having my stories deleted :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’m using Pixabay for mine, but I don’t personally see any harm in using Google images/overlays, as long as it’s free to use (not copyrighted).

9 Likes

Well I mean you could get sued if the image is copyrighted so it’s kinda just a bad idea. If you wanna search on google for pictures to use you can always do an advanced search by going in to the settings and select that you only want to see images that are free to use for commercial use or whatever, and if you wanna change any colors also select that you can edit them. This way you can just pic and choose with out ending up in court.

I personally don’t think episode will be able to spot every single background that is copyrighted, so it’s just a lot wiser to do your research. Either choose a site like pixabay or do advanced searches on google.

16 Likes

Hey, if you are willing to risk paying a large fine for using copyrighted images in a commercial setting, be my guest. We should not rely on the approval team for rejecting images because that’s ultimately our own job. I feel like there are plenty of background artists who have loads of resources so there’s no need to go searching on google. Even if you can’t find a suitable background, you can always request one on the forums. Why would you knowingly break the guidelines and check the box, when you can easily use an alternative? :woman_shrugging:

19 Likes

I mean I think it’s okay to use them, as long as the person who uploaded it specified that people are allowed to use them. But I personally don’t like them in stories. They make the characters look out of place and break the illusion.

4 Likes

There’s a creative commons law, and there are google images that can be checked off to follow all the laws. One is free use and the other encompasses the first and adds nomenclature for editing approval. As long as you’re utilizing them within their guidelines, even CNN could plaster it on their channels.

2 Likes

It depends. You can use images depending on the licensing on the image itself, but you filter out images you wouldn’t be able to use using the Google machine.

3 Likes

sips tea while reading comments :tea:

3 Likes

yes, stories are banned cause of sexual content.

1 Like

sips tea while reading comments :tea:

2 Likes

I don’t agree with using Google for getting backgrounds. Even though does have copyright regulations, so do some things on Google. Google just takes things from websites, even if they aren’t free to use. If you use the wrong thing, it could be counted as stealing and you could get in trouble, even if Episode approved the image, background, overlay etc.
That’s why you should try to find a free to use backgrounds that some websites have.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Watch this video and listen to what he is saying. If u need more info. :tea:Oh God this tea is good. :heart_eyes::yum:

9 Likes

There really isn’t much of a debate to be had. Copyright laws are in place to protect people, (in this case artists) and their intellectual property from misuse and theft. It’s illegal. Google has this property on it’s site because it is a search engine that pulls images from the most relevant places. It’s up to the user to decide whether or not they want to steal someones work. Work that you didn’t spend money, time, and effort to create. If you think that’s ok then you have no idea what that feels like.

9 Likes

It’s not okay to use Google images because most—if not, all—images are copyrighted. If authors/artists use those images, they could be sued for copyright.

3 Likes

There’s an option for that though that allows creative commons works to be shown which can be used. Or are we talking about just random google generated pictures without the particular filter, as in Google can it be used since it is on google?

3 Likes

Yeah

1 Like

some people act like 100% of google images are copyrighted.

we can not always find what we want on here or other websites so are only option is google. make sure there’s no copyright and bam no problem

6 Likes