Let's have a debate, whether it is okay to use Google images

I hope u didnt get images from google, if u did, start removing them from your background account and start using public domain sites. Look at the video I send.

1 Like

u can check out EpisodeLife.com to see if any backgrounds u like, u can use n credit the creator.

OR

U can ask if anyone here in forums if they can create backgrounds for you. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not a good idea to look on google at all, PERIODT!

There are some on Google that are royalty free but please double check, triple check and quadruple check. Because even though some claim to be royalty free photos that you find on Google they are not really royalty free. Copyrighted materials are always stolen and placed on self proclaimed royalty free sights.

Just use Pixabay or Pexels, maybe even take some yourself if you live in a nice area :wink:

2 Likes

Same since I first started Episode. I had a copyrighted background in my account, and luckily, someone was brave enough to tell me, and as soon as I saw Joseph Evans video talking about not getting images from google, and whatever, I Immediately STOPPED, took those background out, even if it was my first time editing a background that I got off from google, lets say a sparkle background, I took it off, immediately remove it from my drive, to start off fresh with using public domain sites.

2 Likes

Cause lol, when I first came in forums,
I had background planed, then someone told me about a stock that belongs to someone that doesn’t want their work redistributed, blah blah blah, so I immediately, made a thread about not using those backgrounds no more, I did A LOT of memos on my instagram page to have those backgrounds removed. Lol. My mind was going crazy. Luckily I am revamping all of my stories now with public domain sites. BOOM. DONE. OUT OF THE WAY.

2 Likes

This is the thread I did when those stuff happened, and I am very concered about these things. Now I know what to do and what not to do. So, start getting the memo OUT.

2 Likes

I made them. First, I use a editing software for free trial, then I just immediately got png images off from google then put on background knowing that there were consequences to it, but I didnt know about it since I first came here.

So, NOW, what I am doing NOW, is using png images from Pixabay.com to create my backgrounds for a fresh new start.

2 Likes

Np. Make sure to remember not to get backgrounds and png images from google/pinterest. :wink:

1 Like

Some people on forums dont know that it is illgeal, so it best to start getting info out to others who dont know about these things.

1 Like

No. If u read their license, all of them images are for free use.

1 Like

https://www.pexels.com/

as well is free to use. Look at the video I send. Joseh Evans have all the sites names that are public domain to get images from.

1 Like

If anyone else need more info. Check out toasty thread. If u need to book mark these threads as a reminder. DO SO. XD

2 Likes
  1. If u uplaod a image that has a watermark on it, that will be rejected.

2. If u upload a copyrighted image to yr account, that will be approved. Episode wont know it is a copyrighted background. I tried once, they approved it, and I removed it from my account.

2 Likes

woo! I need some water after that long convo. :joy:

Episode dont take copyrighted images down. They honestly dont, even if tht image is approved. :woman_shrugging:t3: I have never seen them take it down before. @sh61599

yep. :clap:t3: @Arietty

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Disagree to disagree. Pictures could have inappropriate things that teens do not and I REPEAT do not wanna see.
If they are inappropriate say sexual things in it, abuse, and anything personal, it’s just disgusting. And I’d love if stories that use blood have warning like some stories do, to warn people that are more light headed, and can not take it, (sensitive).

1 Like

Google is not your only option. It’s the easiest option. You can check episodelife.com, check background artists drives, request someone to make one, check commercially free websites, commission someone, or make one from free resources yourself.
It’s not a problem if you are willing to do some digging.

3 Likes

Don’t rely on the approval team added a whole drawing from scratch start to finish I did use like a picture to reference how I wanted the kids sitting with a book in their lap with their mom but that’s it everything else was my work look completely different than the picture I used the picture that I referenced off of they were holding a tablet episode denied it saying that it was copyright I deleted it repost it and they approved it so don’t go by what they say they can only do so much they get thousands of pictures a day sometimes they may approve something without even double-checking sometimes they may deny something on accident without even meaning to really truthfully unless you are willing to take the time check your resources make sure there is no copyright to it like do all the work to backtrack that image I would not use it use the free sites there’s a list somewhere on here or you can make a post asking for all the free site names I don’t remember them I usually just have someone I trust make mine or there’s a lot of times of course you must credit people make backgrounds out of episode backgrounds like they cut paste things to make it look different you can do that or have somebody to do that for you or like I said credit who’s ever work you fine or you can take your own pictures I know someone who does her own pictures a lot of times like she’ll take a picture a restaurant that she’s been at and show blur the people in the background out and use it you can do that but I just really wouldn’t use anything unless you’re really willing to put the effort the time in the work into it to make sure you yourself are not going to get trouble because that is not going to come back on them that is going to come back on you at the end of the day because they tell you do not add anything that has a copyright on it is in there they’ve warned you that is all they have to do so they approve it it doesn’t matter it’s on you you were supposed to do the work yeah they’re supposed to double-check but as a said they get thousands two pictures a day

Also sorry for any miss spelled words.

1 Like

I don’t know if this will come off as mean or harsh, but it’s very important.

Doing the work of finding out whether images you upload are copyrighted or not is your responsibility as the author. The reasons for having a review team is for (a) making sure explicit photos aren’t reaching the app, and (b) trying to keep users from breaking laws that protect images. Them having this…

By clicking this box and/or uploading any content, you represent and warrant that such content is original to you or that you otherwise own the rights to assign or grant to Episode Interactive the rights, title and interest in and to Your Content as set forth in the Episode Terms of Service without Episode Interactive incurring any third party obligations or liability arising out of its exercise of such rights and licenses.

…protects the company if you upload an image that breaks copyright law and they didn’t catch it.

It will not however protect you. By clicking the box, you are saying “I know this image doesn’t break the law, and if it does break the law, any repercussions fall on me and not Episode Interactive.” If you say people are taking copyright law too seriously, you’re not taking it seriously enough.

The good thing is that you’re right in that if they do find out something is copyrighted, they will remove it, but that doesn’t mean they know how to spot a copyrighted image without fail. Nobody can really, especially if you’re getting thousands of images a day. And again, any blowback that might occur from someone protecting their work will fall squarely on your shoulders.

7 Likes

It can be.

Not everyone has the money to comission someone so they search websites and artists on here. What happens when no one’s available, no one has what you got or no one’s done what you wanted?

Yes you need to be very careful with google, but this does not mean we can’t or shouldn’t use google. We use google for lots of other things too

1 Like