Let's make this a trend

I’ve noticed that many authors have been complaining about this issue in the Episode community and I thought, “lemme make a thread about this issue on the forums in order to create awareness”.

There’s a misconception in this community that Episode authors can be divided into/ described by two classes.

1. Big Authors
  2. Small Authors

THIS. NEEDS. TO. STOP!!!

In my opinion, calling someone a “small” author is very demeaning and degrading. This is because, it makes these so-called “smaller” authors feel inferior to those being called “bigger” authors.
This is not fair because, if you’re a new author who started writing this year, or you have been writing on Episode as far back as 2013, you have 1 read, or you have 10 million reads, all authors deserve to be recognized and respected for what they do, and be encouraged to explore their creativity.

It is true that some authors are more popular than others, but that does not mean they are better or more talented than less-known authors.
With all this being said, I suggest that instead of using the terms, “bigger and smaller” authors, we can substitute those terms with, “well-known” and “undiscovered” authors respectively. In my humble opinion, these terms are more respectful.

If you agree with these suggestions, comment “I agree”. You can also provide suggestions on what other respectful terms we can use.
Let’s make these new terms a trend!

32 Likes

Tbh, yeah I agree. I always refer to them as big/small/ or popular/underrated author. Time for a change.

I love these terms, very well said.

15 Likes

I agree.

Perhaps “promoted” and “community” instead? If you want to make a distinction at all, that is.
There are authors who are promoted by Episode, and then there’s all the rest of us.

• GRH, community author.
7 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

3 Likes

You make a good point! :grin:

2 Likes

I agree!

2 Likes

I completely agree with changing the defining names of the community members, as big and small can be very discouraging for some people.

I personally don’t mind, I’m KNOW I’m a small author. A small YouTuber. A small artist. a small person hehe
Sometimes I feel like that can be used to my advantage since lots of people actively search for those hidden gems.
To me, it also gives me something to work towards.

I do understand that not everyone shares this same opinion as me, and that’s okay. :blush:
I still agree that changing the terms can help prevent a lot of people from becoming discouraged, or feeling like they’re inferior💕

7 Likes

I agree! Being called “small author” brings down my hope for my stories thus making me feel less motivated to write

4 Likes

I totally agree!

5 Likes

i agree

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t need any help feeling inferior or getting discouraged; I do that all on my own.

4 Likes

:speak_no_evil::sweat_smile:

That’s not a bad idea, I’ll try to incorporate it into my language from now on

2 Likes

That’s the spirit! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I agree
I already know I’m a small author - I have 1 follower (@GRH woooo) and no story reads (I haven’t published my story yet soo :joy:)

2 Likes

I completely agree!

1 Like

:grin:

Lmao I mean, sameee :sweat_smile::joy::joy::woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I like those terms; I use the term established bc yes, some authors labeled as big do have a large number of reads, but they also probably put in a tremendous amount of time and effort to get where they are - which is so respectable. I like it, because it puts the focus on their time and experience rather than number of reads. Also, because you can definitely be a well-respected and established author without having a million reads

1 Like

I totally agree

1 Like