Let's Play "Riff-Off!" (Lyrics Game)

(If someone has done this before, can’t figure out how to play, or not a lot of people like this idea, then feel free to delete this.)

I got this by re-watching “Pitch Perfect” with my family this Christmas. If you don’t what the movie is, it’s basically a group of acapella ladies competing in competitions, and they have a scene where they play a game called “Riff-Off” hence this game.

So this is how we’re going to play: A player is going to pick a lyric part of the song they’ve chose, and the next player has to continue with a different song’s lyric part starting the words from the last lyric line of the first player. For example;

Player #1: :notes:But I was blind, I couldn’t see. The world there right in front of me, but now I can. :notes: (Song: Lost It All by BVB)

Player#2: :notes:I can see right through all your empty lies, I won’t stay long. :notes:(Song: Dance With The Devil by Breaking Benjamin)

Player#3: :notes: long, long time ago. I can still remember. How that music used to make me smile. :notes: (Song: American Pie by Don McLean)

It can be a game soundtrack song, an oldie, an angry song, different language with english parts, etc; anything is acceptable as long as the starting line continues the last one.
The only rule I wanna put is you have to put the song’s name after, that’s all. Happy Riff-Off!

4 Likes

I’ll start us off!

:notes: And there’s nothing wrong with me, this is how I’m supposed to be. :notes: (Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day)

This is a google grab-bag because I checked every song on at least ten albums and not one of the lyrics started with “be”. :sob: :joy:

:notes: Be with me, be with me (why don’t you?) :notes: Be With Me by Old Dominion

2 Likes

:notes: You and I walked a fragile line :notes: Haunted by Taylor swift

2 Likes

:notes: line between love and hate, it’s a thin line between love and hate. It’s- :notes: (Thin Line Between Love and Hate by The Pretenders)

2 Likes

No kidding, that’s what I just did for the whole 3 minutes XD

1 Like

I dont know

1 Like

:notes: It’s not you, it’s me, I’m so sorry, I can’t feel you here at all :notes: (Numb to Everything by Citizen Soldier, in case anyone looks them up — a lot of their music has sensitive themes)

1 Like

I swear, the songs will have the word but as the second word in the lyric (I’ll be instead of be) and I’ll misremember it and then have to dig through the whole album. :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

All…

…Of me loves all of you (All of Me by John Legend)

1 Like

:notes: You deliver me from the pain in my life, easy now to- :notes: (You’re Mine by Disturbed)

1 Like

You can actually do that! I didn’t put a rule that you can’t; the whole point of this to have fun, not to get frustrated. Just put the source of the lyrics and you can do anything you want ^-^

:notes: Try to catch it like every night. It escapes from my hands into moonlight. Every day- :notes: (Happiness is a butterfly by Lana Del Rey)

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

:notes: Day I wake up, then I start to break up. Lonely is a man without- :notes: (Man Without Love by Engelbert Humperdinck)

1 Like

:notes: without you. 'Cause Heaven ain’t close in a place like this,
I said Heaven- :notes: (The Killers - Somebody Told Me)

1 Like

:notes: ‘Heaven save me’! But I’m down to one last breath. And with it let me say, let me say- :notes: (One Last Breath by Creed)

1 Like

:notes: say “Meet me behind the mall”. So much for summer love and saying “Us”. 'Cause you weren’t mine to lose,- :notes: August - Taylor Swift

1 Like

This is not the beginning of a line I hope that’s okay.

:notes:Lose myself. Everything I have found dear, I’ve not found by myself-’:notes: Future Days by Pearl Jam

2 Likes

That’s totally fine, don’t worry! ^^

:notes: Myself, all by myself. Don’t wanna be, all by myself…anymore." :notes: (All By Myself by Celine Dion)

1 Like