Let's talk about abusive relationships in the stories

So, hey guys…
First of all I wanted to apologize if I make some grammatical mistakes (English isn’t my first language)
Since I started reading stories on Episode, that has bothered a lot.
-TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS - (including jealous and abusive LI)
I’m not going to quote any stories here, cuz the goal isn’t to attack the author, but to sensitize the community to this topic.
Idk if it’s just me who finds the phrase “You’re mine” problematic
Likeeee hello???
I know that, a man who will protect you and says you’re his, it’s see romantic, but…
…the basis of a relationship is trust, jealously can exist, but in some stories (and in real life) it goes beyond the limit…
Like when he (or she) says he’s going to kill anyone who looks at you, or that he didn’t like the outfit you’re wearing.
What I’ve said for many of you, everything seems obvious, but for younger people, it may seem like a romantic act.
I’ve had an abusive relationship, and for me at the time, everything seemed to be just a way in which he showed his love for me, BUT NO, it destroyed me inside and brought me serious problems that I still face today.
I know that many authors approach this issue carefully, just writing about a little jealously, but it’s important to think about how that can affect vulnerable people, who may think (just like me in past) that a toxic relationship is just a way, that person is demonstrating their love for you…
But no, love is about caring and respecting!!! :speaking_head:
I was reading a story where the LI was humiliating the MC just to get her attention…like
:grinning: I can’t express how problematic this is.
This destroys your self-esteem (I know from my own experience)
It makes it look that this kind of love is acceptable, but like, the person suffers humiliation and their mental health is destroyed :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:
(My intention isn’t attack the author) :heartpulse:
That’s all…
Love, Felicity :sloth:
(PS: tell me how you feel about it :point_down:)

6 Likes

I agree. I feel as though authors put toxicity into their stories to add to the drama and reader interest, but I think that there’s other ways to do that. Younger readers are very impressionable and may view this as a normal thing, when in reality, it’s very unhealthy. I always do my best to make sure that my MC’s romances are developed without the toxicity and I think others should too. I now refuse to read stories with love interests who behave in a negative way, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

congratulations on your initiative. :white_heart:
what’s the name of your story?

1 Like

I’ll start read now and I’ll tell you my opinion :white_heart:

1 Like

That would be amazing! Thank you so much :blob_hearts: :relaxed: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not about story reviews or feedback. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

1000000% agree, partially inspired me to write my own story
Was sick of the jealous LI who will get aggresive towards any guy that even looks at MC
You can be a little jealous but these stories go way overboard.
And they present it like well that’s love but it isn’t.
Same with the MC telling LI I’m not interested and LI is like well I’ll change that.
Thats creepy and abusive too.

1 Like

agreed (: a lot of abusive behaviours are condoned or even romanticised in episode stories and i can’t stand it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.