Let's Talk About . . . After Love!

I’m Back!

• Love Me Black & Blue by Effy Ammer
  • Aftermath by MB
  • Shadows of the Past by Coni B.
  • WILD by Alex Light
  • The Assistant by Ana Kay
  • Love Me Again by Tasnim

Random Topic Starters : What did you like / dislike about the stories? Would you recommend? Does the story fit the shelf? Would you reread? Doe the choices matter? Does the cover art represent the story? Does the story fit the genre? Is the story complete?

3 Likes

I love Love Me Black and Blue.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s the theme of the shelf or not, but none of the stories this time around have really caught my eye.

Do the choices matter? Would you reread?

What’s a shelf you hope they include in the future?

This morning I read the first chapter of Love Me Black and Blue, personally it was way to sad for me and I won’t be continuing.

I’ve read a few of these but it was a while ago, so none of them are fresh in my memory.

Love Me Black & Blue: I really like this story. It’s complete but the ending is bittersweet. Heads up: it’s a sad and emotional read. If you’re after something light-hearted and happy, this probably won’t be for you. Choices don’t matter. I do think the story fits the theme of the shelf. I think this story is in drama? That fits.

Shadows of the Past: I can’t remember much about this one. It’s been incomplete for a long time now which is a shame, because I remember really liking it. I can’t remember what genre it’s in, but it has a fantasy element to it. The directing is really well done.

The Assistant: This is a really underrated story that I’m glad got some shelf time! I do remember thinking that the first three episodes start off quite slow. In fact, the first three episodes all seem more like an introduction or backstory to the real plot. So if you do give this a chance, I highly recommend at least reading four episodes. This is a thriller which I think fits. I really want to see where the author takes this.

Love Me Again: At first I thought this was going to be a typical ruthless boss story but it’s not like that at all. I don’t think the description quite fits. He’s a little mean to her at first, but there’s a reason behind it and he doesn’t stay that way. There’s quite a bit of character development in this one. The characters aren’t just your typical sweet girl and mean, rich boss. I think this is a romance? Which fits. I enjoyed the story and it’s complete.

1 Like

Is there any other stories you wish were on the shelf?

Hmm, I’m not sure. Sometimes they come up with shelves that really resonate with me that I didn’t realize I’d like so much. Like, I read almost everything on the Squad Goals shelf, and loved it. But if you’d asked me if I’d enjoy that shelf or not, I wouldn’t have been able to tell you.

This one just falls flat with me.
I guess, as much of a romantic as I am, I prefer reading stories that focus on something as well as romantic relationships. When the romantic relationship is the front and center and ONLY focus of the story, I’ve started to get a little bored.

1 Like

I hope they do another Rebounding-type story contest, it spawned off a lot of good, unproblematic stories.

1 Like

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: