Let's Talk About... Aligning the Stars (New Featured Story)

Bump!

1 Like

I never thought I’ll see a gem choice smack dab in the middle before :no_mouth:

1 Like

Lmao! Imagine tapping through the story only to click on that. I would be mad.

2 Likes

Lol, it is funny. I Guess though it is supposed to be one of those 14-19 gem choice set up, but the Writers forgot to code in the 19 gems :woozy_face:

3 Likes

To be honest I’d pick the first option anyway because
a. you get to find out the truth about vanessa anyway
and
b. it doesn’t even cost gems to find out about it
plus
c. doesn’t change plot at all

1 Like

Luckily, I did. Wasn’t much in the grand scheme of things, but I’m Glad I can technically pay for a choice like that

1 Like

Well, it looks like this has been officially released today. (It was also mentioned in the details for the app update.)
Since the original isn’t complete (I don’t think?), I’m giving this version a shot. I might check out the original too just to see how similar I think they are.
The directing of the featured version seems pretty good? There’s been a glitch or two (characters popping in), but that could just be an actual glitch, not a directing error.

2 Likes

Gay friends aren’t just for brownie points, you can have them HILARIOUSLY flirt with the guards!

chokes on sarcasm

3 Likes

I finished reading the story and for a featured version that’s based on an incomplete story, it wasn’t as terrible as I thought it would be. The LI is a lovestruck fool who’d be willing to sacrifice his career to be with Aura, but at least he doesn’t have second thoughts about it. Compared to other featured stories, it’s nice to see an MC who has an actual focus in her life (i.e. Astronomy) and the story doesn’t downplay it for the guy (coughMafia in Manhattancough).

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Vanessa isn’t a total witch in this story. She was surprisingly supportive of Aura and Cole’s relationship.

I wasn’t willing to spend gems to go on dates with Cole, accept his grumpy dad’s gesture, avoid the paparazzi, go the extra mile for Aura’s comeback academic presentation, etc, but I was willing to spend 19 gems just to put Miranda in her place because of how comically terrible of a person she is. Can anyone follow up with what happens if they just don’t do anything for Cole when he crashes the premiere in the final chapter? Same result? (as I would expect)

Two directing errors I still remembered were:

• Between the time when Cole’s bombarded with paparazzi to being at his apartment with Aura, the ambient sound effect of people talking carried over to their apartment
  • Caleb being naked the whole time between streaking after losing his bet to the final chapter. I can’t tell if the Episode team forgot to give Caleb clothes or was low-key trying to convey that Caleb has a newfound love for the nudist lifestyle
Caleb missing clothes over the next chapters

3 Likes

But
 it’s not. A day on Venus is like 100ish days. It’s longer than a Venutian year, but way shorter than an Earth year. This is because Venus itself spins backwards.
It sounds cool though, I guess?

3 Likes

I guess ‘a Venetian day is longer than 3 Earth months’ probably isn’t as exciting lol

2 Likes

Lol that’s awkward. Think of how many people are going to read this and think it’s a fact.

3 Likes

Maybe the main reason why I kinda enjoyed Aligning the Stars over other featured stories was because they re-used mean girl cliches and turned Vanessa, who I thought was an Aggressive Allie at first since she was obviously involved romantically with Cole, it always gives me a nice tingly feeling to know there are still decent people in this world. Her explanation basically warmed my heart, bless Vanessa. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I’m dead :skull:

1 Like

Tbh I don’t like it.
It’s hard to find some quality content

1 Like

Compared to other featured stories that made me lose nearly all my brain cells and eyesight, this one is okay. My favorite actually, if you erase all the gem choices. You should read the original! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve tried searching for the original of Aligning the Stars and can’t seem to find it. Does anyone know if it’s still on Episode? It’s the same title, right? What’s the author?

1 Like

Do you know the link for the original story??? Even though I loved the featured story, I always like to check out the original!

I just asked that !!! great minds think alike :wink:

Since I read this it cracks me up looking at the dress that the MC is wearing
 Aura’s dress proves that no gems were spent dressing her up for the fund raiser event!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (I didn’t spend gems to get a better dress either) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: