Let's talk about... allergies

I have aquagentic urticaria which isn’t technically an allergy, but can be described as one if you don’t wanna use non-medical terms. It’s a super rare condition where my skin releases histamines (which are what cause your allergic reactions) when it touches water. It doesn’t matter what temperature, what type. Rainwater, showers, baths, distilled water, pure water, seawater. All of it. My reaction to it is just severe itching and hives and rashes, although on occasion I will feel a bit dizzy. How it affects my life? Well, I’ve always had it. I don’t know what it feels like not to have it. I just don’t like taking showers (but I do take them, I have to). I also face a lot of teasing and disbelief. ‘How tf can you be allergic to water? You’re an attention seeking liar ffs’. To their credit, it’s pretty hard to believe.

I’m allergic to chocolate. No, not the additives inside it, not the milk, not the sugar, no. Literally cocoa. Chocolate. I’ll just get itchy and red, though. No severe reactions, which is why I eat lots of it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also allergic to cats and pollen and dust and grass. All of the following, when in large amounts, will make me have nosebleeds, will make me sneeze my head off (not literally) and can make me faint.

My mother is allergic to the sun. It makes her rash up and itch. But it’s not serious or anything, she can go out all she wants :smile: she just lathers on the suncream very generously.

I’m allergic to grass, hay, and strawberries. Right now, since it’s spring, my allergies are causing me to have a really bad cough and sneeze a lot.

1 Like

Same :sneezing_face: (apart from the strawberries)

1 Like

I have no allergies :joy:

I don’t have any allergies that I know of. 2 years ago I suddenly got this rash on my skin (it was like eczema but it was small patches) so I had a patch test n stuff and everything showed negative, I still have some now but they’re not as bad, I may be allergic to something I don’t know of.

1 Like

I’m allergic to fruit… The gag is. I’m only allergic to fruit where I live. LOL.
I need that fruit that people eat out in the south. :drooling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.