Let's Talk About... Asian Voices!

I’ll be very disappointed if they reneged on the shelf for some reason.

1 Like

So I’m starting to think it may have been intentionally removed, as it’s been quite a while. I asked them on the original IG post for the shelf (whether it was cancelled or is missing in error), so we’ll see if I get an answer. I’m hoping it’s a glitch, because I think canceling a diversity shelf is… less than ideal.

Edit: It just reappeared with week 2’s titles. And one of the stories on it has under 100 reads, which is awesome! Always like when they give a platform to small authors.

4 Likes

I just added that story (I guess it’s Unravel) to my reading list, that cover is so cute!

One of my favourites also got featured :blush: Unknown Past has an awesome and unique plot: for starters the MC has to fight monsters, which I don’t see often in Episode stories. I love the directing and the characterization and I think it definitely fits both the shelf and the genre.

3 Likes

That sounds really cool!

(And yeah, the cover for Unravel is SUPER cute.)

The one I’ve read of this new batch is Make Me Feel Alive. I’m not far in, but I get the impression the LI is an android. It’s intriguing so far.

2 Likes

Hey how many of this weeks stories have Asian characters in them? I’d love to check the stories with Asian characters out. I don’t have the shelf option in my account.

1 Like

Beat As One is on the shelf.

giphy

2 Likes

@XxAlphaBetaxX

Thank you so much for supporting Beat As One and all of us!

All the best,
Catelyn :blush:

2 Likes

Dear @amberose

Thanks so much for posting this and supporting our stories! :blush::heartpulse:

All the best,
Catelyn

2 Likes

No worries, congrats on the shelf :blush:

They did it again… Shelf’s been down for a few hours

4 Likes

The shelf is gone :skull:

Asian heritage month? More like Asian heritage week :flushed:

1 Like

For some reason the changeovers seem to be requiring a large time gap this month. Weird. But anyway, now it’s back! I can’t believe our story is up there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Of this week’s stories, I haven’t read any yet (well, except the obvious), but they all sound cool. I plan to read all of them, starting probably with IDOLIZE because I was just thinking about pop idol stories yesterday. :woman_singer:t3:

1 Like

Hahaha they didn’t tell you your story would be up there? :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Nope! Do they usually? I just found out today via IG. Soon after the shelf went up, they informed my husband via e-mail as well (since the story was published on his account).

2 Likes

Most people usually get an email two days before but I’ve heard of some people who never get a heads up

2 Likes

Huh. That’s interesting. I thought they might inform people ahead of time, but then I’ve also seen people really surprised on social media when the announcements are made. Maybe each shelf is different for whatever reason.

1 Like

I got a mail beforehand that told they ‘might’ feature my story. And a week before that, I was also asked for doing some changes. :thinking:

1 Like

Iiiinteresting. Changes in directing or changes to fit the guidelines?

1 Like

The second one.

1 Like

So from week 3, I read Beyond the Shore and Through the Sea and I really loved it. It’s set in Japan, so fits the shelf imo, and the characters are really unique and have strong personalities. I love the occasional use of spotlight. It’s like what Episode tries to do in their featured stories sometimes, only better.

Also just finished reading Second Sight. I’m pretty sure the MC is Filipino, so I would say it fits the shelf, though it’s set in Australia. The directing is really good in this story, it kind of reminds me of Fine Line. Author uses, like, face and eye overlays(or do I call them art scenes?) to make it look like characters are moving their eyes. She does it with a few characters actually. It looks really awesome.

1 Like