Let's Talk About... Campfire Stories

I’m not sure if anyone is still posting these, so I’m going to get the ball rolling :slight_smile:

Congratulations to:

• A Stab at Love by Stabby McStabpants
  • Haunted: Dead Child by @HumanBean
  • The Ace of Spades by @CosmicIvy
  • Haunted: Brook by Antika
  • What Happened in the Woods? by episode_writer_jade
  • Blackwater Creek by sarahnicole.creates
  • Path to Reality by @Victoriaecs
  • Dark Descent by @gremlin.writes
  • Emberwood by b.episode.author

If I didn’t tag an author and they’re on the forums, please let me know their username!

Have you read any of these stories? If yes, which ones? What did you like about them?
Do you think they fit the shelf? etc :slight_smile:

Forum recommendation thread here. It’s nice to see 4/9 stories on this list are also mentioned on that thread!

10 Likes

I’ll start.

I’ve read two of these. I read both Haunted: Dead Child and Haunted: Brook back for the Haunted contest in… 2017? So it’s nice to see both of these get recognition after all this time. Both were really good entries that I used to recommend for Halloween on the social feed (RIP). They’re both short, complete horrors and have multiple endings. They both definitely fit the shelf.

4 Likes

May I just say…this is the best author name in the history of all author names! :grin:

I haven’t had the pleasure! I’ve saved quite a few to my favorites from the shelf today to start reading asap!

3 Likes

I read the first episode of Dark Descent by Gremlin.Writes (I’m pretty sure they’re on the forums, but I can’t think of their username) for the Heard Awards ages ago and then got super behind on my favorites and tbr that I never got back to it. I remember liking it and thinking it was funny in places.
I’ve been wanting to read Haunted:Dead Child by @HumanBean and The Ace of Spades by @CosmicIvy so hopefully I’ll get to those this week. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Oh it’s @gremlin.writes, Elise. I just found it. :joy:

1 Like

I want to read it partly because of the author name lol.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you and congratulations to all the authors who made it to the shelf (:

2 Likes

I have to say that your story has been on my list for a while. I love the cover :slight_smile: Hopefully I’ll get a chance to check it out along with some of the others this week!

1 Like

Thanks for the tag. I’m both nervous and excited to see what you all think of my story :blush::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Ooo yes! I have yours saved to read! (Saving it to read in the dark :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:)

2 Likes

Blackwater Creek is amazing! It was written as part of a little Urban Legends writing contest we had at Axiom last October, I’m really glad to see it featured :grin:

2 Likes

Ooo creepy :smiling_imp: I hope you like it :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Oh thank you for the opportunity :heart:

@Sydney_H This one can be closed too :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: