Let's talk about covers!

I’ve been struggling a bit with figuring out what I wanna do for the covers of my stories. so would you mind helping me out by answering some questions!?

How important are covers to you?

• Very! It dictates if I’ll read the story or not
  • Not THAT important, but a nice cover is preferred!
  • Couldn’t care less, “Never judge a book by it’s cover” is my moto

0 voters

Should the covers be drawn or edited?

• A drawn cover is more likely to catch my eyes
  • I like the familiarity of episode’s avatars with a hint of edited touch

0 voters

Titles/author’s name on the cover: yes or no?!

• Yes!!!
  • No, they make it look messy

0 voters

As for a bonus question I’d like to ask what kinda covers are likely to repulse you or if there’s a type of cover that would make you wanna not read a story despite it having intriguing title/description? Thank you for your time <3

6 Likes

Covers with two boys in side n a girl in middle🤮

10 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind! <3

2 Likes

I prefer a good edited over a bad drawn.

10 Likes

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME… Like some drawn ones are so messed up and weirdly sketched that they draw out all of my interest from reading the story.

10 Likes

@line123462 @Chinu_Urf_Sakshi I see, thank you!

I’m an artist so drawing badly isn’t really my biggest worry sjsj but thank you so much! I’ll look more into it <3

4 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since this is about cover art. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

2 Likes

I feel that covers are important to attract your readers. From my experience, even if you have an intriguing plot but your cover(s) aren’t attractive enough, your story won’t have much attention. :confused:

First impression towards your story is important, and covers are the first thing readers see besides your description. An edited cover is okay but make sure it’s a really good edited one.

Some readers may say they prefer drawn covers but the thing is, if it’s badly drawn, you’ll drive away most of your readers, no matter how good your story plot is. My suggestion is that if you can draw well, try to draw poses that aren’t too common among Episode stories.

The main thing you should focus on when making your cover is to make it as attractive/eye-catching as possible, not too complicated looking, with suitable font for your story title. Sometimes, I come across beautiful covers but the font is hard to read or the fonts don’t really suit the cover art and overall, it just looks messy.

4 Likes

Honestly, as long as the cover is decent, that’s fine by me.

But I get intrigued by story descriptions.

Anyways, edited or drawn it all depends on how you want your cover to be as. For example, I have an edited cover and I love it. But I can’t speak for everyone.

3 Likes

Your answer was extremely insightfully and filled with good advice I couldn’t be more thankful!

Some parts I’d like to highlight as they have genuinely helped me out but others might have missed:

2 Likes

Sure, no problem! :blush:

2 Likes

I know you’ll do the best hun!

2 Likes

The ones where the girls looking and 2 boys are glinging to her like monkeys…I don’t even bother to click on it

2 Likes

Covers that literally scream nudity, is a no for me. I’m usually intrigued by the description, but I do like a good cover.<3

3 Likes

You are too sweet! <3

1 Like

@Uggh @Maeverie.Rivera I can see why; you just know it’s gonna be one of those painfully heteronormative story with a cliche storyline and an unpleasant amount of bad sexual innuendos filling every bit of it…

3 Likes

Makes sense, authors often tend to forget episode is a PG-13 app and there are children younger than that who could easily access it anyway. I genuinely think it’s important for the grown ups to be a little more responsible? plus ivy is right there if you wanna take that route

2 Likes

Exactly, and lol yes. :joy::clap:t5:

2 Likes

Yes! I really am sick of those stories, honestly they make me go crawling back to love on fire and the k*ss list

2 Likes

!!! Sad how these stories pretty much reign the trending section ~ what irks me is that they achieve it by prying on young childrens’ sensual curiosity and they do a bad job at representing healthy outlets If not outright romanticising dangerous ways!

2 Likes