Let's Talk About . . . Dirty Dancing!

Hi~

DD: Border Town by Stelle Magnolia
DD: Austentatious by E R Gurney
DD: Timeless by QueenNeen & Courtney Bre
DD: Blurred Lines by Amy T.
DD: Breaking The Rules by Beeble Hope
DD: SHATTERED by Cece and Jane

Is there any story that should be on the shelf? Which one is your favorite? Plot twisting, most romantic? Would you reread?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

DD: Austentatious is really good. Her “twist” on the classic story is that it’s set in the past. I think she’s done a really good job at reinventing the story and making it interesting. The directing is very good and I’m looking forward to reading more.

DD: Breaking the Rules is also good. It has a modern twist on it. It’s set at a resort so I guess it’s fairly similar to the original in that sense. Baby is the dance instructor.

I haven’t read DD: Shattered yet but I’ve head a lot of good things. It apparently has a very unique twist to the plot and I believe it’s fantasy?

is that a DD entry? What’s it about?

I love Border Town! @SteeleMagnolia is such a talented author and the story is just really beautiful and really well directed.

Do you want to pitch it? Like summarize it!

Thank you, Bar :slight_smile:

So far I’ve also read Border Town, and Steele Magnolia has a great talent of depicting the setting and culture, especially the traditional dancing!

I’ve read all the stories except Border Town, which I now will go read.
Of the ones I’ve read; either Shattered or Austentatious are my favorites.
Shattered because of the unique plot twist that is brilliant and literally grips at your heart.
Austentatious because, well, I love Jane Austen and this story is a wonderful spin on that time period (I also love history).

bump ~

I just started reading Border Town and I really like it! I love all the cultural references, and it’s definitely a story that I will continue reading.

I haven’t read Austentatious yet, but I plan on reading it as soon as possible because based on the screenshots I’ve seen on IG, it looks amazing.

I’ve just started Blurred Lines and it’s really funny and interesting so far.

le bump ~

NEW Question if anyone would like to answer, Do you think Episode will hold a contest with such strict guidelines again in the future?

I mean, the contest was prefaced with Episode working with a movie studio. I guess it would depend on the sponsor, if it’s about a specific movie, tv show, book, etc. Otherwise, hopefully it would just only be for those special ‘win-a-trip/chance’ things.