Let's Talk About ... Envy by Cindy Gaultier

So, um , out of nowhere (for me at least) Episode published this mystery story not too long ago. (edit: I for one don’t follow Cindy’s Instagram profile yet) And this is the second time I have the original but didn’t finish it by the time the Featured comes out (see Back and Forth).

Before and After lol

Here, anyone from people who didn’t know to ones who read both and more! Which story do you like more, does it seem too good to be true Episode is promoting non-Romance stories once more, is it weird (or not) considering that the original has some … raunchy scenes, etc?

9 Likes

I hope this won’t be Instant Princess 2.0 Istg if that happens-

Anyway, Episode already causing problems. As Cindy said, Episode removed hairstyles from the CC template, I had 6 hairstyles only (2 were gem choices)

4 Likes

I’m gonna read episode 2 and 3 to review, I’ll be back

1 Like

What? Hairstyles are now gem choices?!?

3 Likes

Yeah, but don’t worry they were kinda bad so no harm done (?) lol

1 Like

Okay I read the story. I like it overal, the gem choices were well-thought and good. The episode length was perfect, not too short or long, easy to binge. The new animations are created for this story along with new props, I’m glad this happened. Maybe Episode can’t ghost the author now.

The story is great, mystery is the first genre I wrote so I’m kinda biased but it’s a really good read! I might read the non-featured version to see the other episodes. I’m just really hoping that this doesn’t become IP 2.0.

4 Likes

Envy is a great story. I only played the Limelight version of the story and I’m not really big on the gem version tbh since I’d be scared to get the bad endings with James in it or my main character might die in the game. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoyed reading the story but I’m not really a fan of gem options since I can be pretty tight with spending gems just like with money.

6 Likes

Cindy said on IG that gem choices won’t impact the story in a negative way

4 Likes

@ParisN Oh okay. I don’t have Instagram anymore so I didn’t know about that.

I didn’t know this one was rewritten, but I do like it. >.>

I like it a lot, actually.

Gem choices make me upset a little, but it is interesting enough.

2 Likes

If they fuck up this one like IP, I swear…

However, this is one of my favorite Episode stories. Loved it.

3 Likes

Maybe they changed this since yesterday? I had a pretty wide selection of hair choices just now, and I didn’t see any gem options. I actually really like the braided pigtails with bangs my character has.

1 Like

I played either the early version or the late one. Maybe Cindy published with a lot of hairstyles then Episode took them out. Or Episode took the hairstyles out before Cindy published and she added them back.

1 Like

It seems like this is what happened judging by Instagram. So I think it worked, and the hairstyles are back.

1 Like

When I played the featured version it had a bunch of new hairstyles, but when I replayed to see them all again there were only a few… If you read the fan mail Cindy mentions originally having the new hairstyles, but episode changed it… ((I’m grateful I got on early enough to see them)) Did they also make the male mc’s customization template shorter? (hair wise)

1 Like

Hm, mysterious. When did you replay? I just did it minutes ago and have quite a few hairstyles for both the MC and the LI. If you reload your original play, does it change the MC’s hair or keep what you chose?

1 Like

Yesterday, and then checked hours ago… I’ll have to go back and check now though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully it’s fixed for good now! :slight_smile:

I finished the first three chapters so I can’t say if anything changed but I did a replay and the template is still smaller (for me at least) than what it originally was like…

(Long Loose Curls cost 30 diamonds and Pig Tails Braided cost 25)
The first time I played I don’t think you had to spend anything…

4 Likes

That is SO weird. I just tried replaying it too and have way more than that. I wonder why different people have different versions. :frowning: Maybe the limited hairstyles will come for me next!

1 Like